Softpedia Editor's Review for Connection Meter
Protect your computer against non-required connections to Internet
Written by Sorin Cirneala on June 22nd, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Connection Meter
Connection Meter is a compact program designed to monitor your connection to the Internet and to provide you with useful statistics about the traffic. It is able to calculate the Internet traffic costs based on the connection length and data transfers.
The application can display a floating window on your desktop in order to inform you about the current connection. The context menu allows you quickly shut down the connection or the computer when the cost threshold is exceeded. You can also limit the maximum network speed with just one click.
You can setup automatic actions such as turning off the computer or the connection after a specific time interval. If you only want to be notified about the duration or the cost of the current connection you can set the limits in the Options window.
This program can be very useful when you want to minimize the costs with the Internet connection. This goal is achieved by selecting the payment plan from the presets available in the application or by creating a personal plan that suits your current deal. Based on the payment plan the program calculates the costs and alerts you when certain levels are reached.
The notification system Connection Meter makes available is extensive enough to include alerts sent to an email address or a phone, via SMS. These features are completed by the option to view the statistics of the program on a remote computer by simply using an Internet browser.
The program is light on resources and has no impact on the compute performance. This enables you to run it in the background in order to check the statistics of the Internet connection.
Among the program’s utilities there is a calendar that allows you to add tasks, a unit converter, a stopwatch and a password generator. Some of the alert messages are not translated into English, which can make working with it pretty difficult.
Connection Meter is a useful tool for network monitoring that allows all computer users to keep track of an Internet connection.
Connection Meter description
Here are some key features of "Connection Meter":
· connection speed and amount data transfer monitor
· program measured connection time
· Wlan, WiFi connections status and level monitoring
· includes SMS gateway for czech cellular networks
· includes safe storage and easy insert of passwords (in all browsers)
· generation passwords, their evaluation
· mail notification (also for Gmail)
· includes calendar with task reminder
· includes unit and currency converter
· protect connection with antidialer
· set system time according to timeserver
· CPU load monitor, battery status monitor, etc.
· Numerous features are disabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Data counter for separately applications (Tools/Network Statistics in the Connection Meter is advanced NetStat). Correction Transfers fo Slovak provider T-Mobile SK.