Softpedia Editor's Review for Win7 MAC Address Changer
Simply change your MAC address
Written by Bogdan Popa on April 16th, 2013
Win7 MAC Address Changer is a very simple application designed to change the MAC address used for identifying a specific network adapter or computer in a network.
Win7 MAC Address Changer boasts a rather simple interface that can be safely used by beginners as well, at least as long as they know how a MAC change affects the computer.
The clean interface prompts the user to choose the adapter whose MAC is to be modified, while step number two prompts to select the operating system, which can be Windows 7, Vista and XP, all three being fully supported.
Next, you are required to enter the new MAC or, in case you wish to switch to a random one, it's enough to hit the “Randomize” button and let the application generate one automatically.
Once you've reached this step, there's nothing more to do than to press the big “Change” button and watch Win7 MAC Address Changer modify the address. You need to disable and enable the network adapter back in order to apply the new settings.
If for some reason you want to switch back to the original MAC address, Win7 MAC Address Changer comes with a dedicated “Reset to Default” button that allows you to reset the new MAC and enable the one you've used prior to the modification.
All in all, this is one of the easiest MAC spoofing tools, but it does nothing spectacular compared to the other tools in its category.
Win7 MAC Address Changer description
Here are some key features of "Win7 MAC Address Changer":
· Very easy to use with very simple interface.
· No installation Needed.
· Very small in size (76kb when zipped),which makes it easy to carry around in a pendrive.
· Generate Random MAC Address using Random MAC Address Generator.
· Both Wired and Wireless Network Cards from all vendors are Supported.
· Fully compatible with Windows 7 all editions.
· Also supports for Windows XP And Windows Vista.
· MAC Address can be reset to default by using the reset button.
· All Settings of the application can be reset to default.
· A user can undo his actions by referring to log files.
· Quick system information can be obtained by System Information Module.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Better working MAC Address generator.
· Minor bug fixes.