EMCO MAC Address Scanner will provide users with a network scanning tool that allows to detect MAC addresses of network PCs. It can work in Windows networks in order to scan domains and workgroups and detect MAC addresses across subnets.
During a network scan MAC addresses are detected for every discovered PC using different MAC detection mechanisms to ensure most accurate and fastest results. Detected MAC addresses can be exported to CSV files together with information about network hosts.
Here are some key features of "EMCO MAC Address Scanner":
Multiple MAC Address Detection Methods:
· The application uses different methods to detect MAC addresses of network PCs. They are based on Neighbor Discovery, WinAPI, WMI and NetBIOS technologies. Every known MAC detection method has its own limitations, so the application tries multiple methods one-by-one for every PC until MAC address will be detected successfully.
Collected Data Exporting to XML and CSV:
· The application allows to export collected MAC addresses to CSV and XML files, so MAC scanning results can be used by external tools, such as Wake-on-LAN utility, for example. Flexible export wizard allows you to customize export formats and exported data. It allows you to export MAC addresses for particular PCs, group of PCs or the entire network.
MAC Scanning Across the Entire Network:
· Using multiple MAC detection methods allows to collect MAC addresses from entire network. The application can extract information about network structure from the Active Directory and perform MAC scan on detected PCs. It also can scan Windows workgroups and collect MAC addresses from all subnets within the entire local network.
Flexible Credentials Management:
· Some MAC detection methods require you to have an administrative access to remote PCs in order to be used. The application allows to setup alternative credentials, used for accessing network groups or particular PCs. For example, you can setup different accounts for different workgroups. These accounts can be configured once and stored securely.
· 1 GHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent
· 512MB of RAM
· 250MB of free disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New and improved features:
· Significantly improved the Machine Queue editing performance for huge networks
· Reorganized Ribbon and context menus structure
· Increased Active Directory enumeration speed
· Reduced system memory usage
· This release contains a number of resolved issues the most important of which are listed below
· Potential error when drawing the main form