Axence nVision description
Proactive network monitoring, user monitoring, software and hardware inventory
Axence nVision is an advanced solution for a comprehensive network management. The program provides network and user activity monitoring, as well as software and hardware inventory, data leakage protection, remote control, and a wide range of reports, alerts and corrective actions - all with a user-friendly and very intuitive interface!
Proactive network monitoring and visualization: Network module monitors mail servers and Web addresses, TCP/IP and Windows services, application status and operation, and switches and routers (port mapping and network traffic). Furthermore, the network will be automatically detected then displayed on interactive maps.
Hardware and software inventory: The inventory module automatically collects the hardware and software information of Windows machines. It enables auditing and the verification of license usage and offers information about program installation or configuration change.
Advanced user monitoring: The Users module monitors and reports the activity of users working on Windows machines: the actual activity (work) time, application usage, email monitoring, printout monitoring, visited web pages and network transfer. Blocking websites option.
Remote technical support for users: The HelpDesk module enables a quick technical support for users by means of remote access to the workstations. It helps to solve the reported problems in a quick and effective manner.
Protection against data leaks by port blocking: The DataGuard module manages the access rights for all I/O ports and physical devices utilized by the users to copy files from a company machine or to run external software (coming soon). Thanks to the Web Access function, a number of administrators can have a simultaneous access to the program - they can access nVision via a WWW browser - at the same time and from any place.
Here are some key features of "Axence nVision":
· nVision deploys quickly - within a few minutes the program will automatically discover every host in your entire network (including neighbor networks behind the router), then it will scan for services running on them and network interfaces.
· nVision has a very advanced network scanner which allows you to discover all the hosts in your network. It also detects all routers and "goes through" them to scan all neighbor networks. It discovers all hosts and then scans for services and applications running on them, such as HTTP, FTP, mail and database servers, etc.
· The scanner uses ICMP and SNMP to detect hosts and determine their type: router, switch, Windows, NetWare, Linux, network printer, etc.
· nVision automatically creates a routing map to reflect your network logical organization. This map is created on the basis of the information held in your router's routing tables.
· Hosts are presented on interactive maps that display all critical information (leading service response time, services and host down time, alerts etc.), so you can quickly spot problems and focus on them instead of searching for what's wrong.
Monitoring network infrastructure:
· Using either TCP/IP, SNMP, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and several other specialized probes the program can identify and monitor critical network elements.
· You can set up multiple alerts to monitor the status of your systems and receive an alarm whenever they go down or experience problems, such as important parameters going out of range.
· nVision uses smart monitoring technology, which ensures that every service and counter is monitored as often as possible. It automatically manages the monitoring interval based on the number of nodes.
· The dependency feature allows to suppress alerts from devices located behind the router. If the router goes down, the dependent devices will not be polled.
· Axence nVision can be installed as a Windows service to ensure continuous monitoring.
nVision automatically collects information about node hardware and software:
· Computer hardware details: model, CPU, memory, main board, drives, cards, etc.
· Installed applications and Windows updates. It allows license usage auditing and verification.
· nVision will alert you in case of program installation or any configuration change. So you don't have to check the database periodically to know that a user has installed illegal software - you will be notified.
· Inventory can be collected with WMI or an nVision agent. This way, you can use the method, that best suits your network security configuration (many administrators want to keep WMI closed). The WMI method does not require anything to be installed on remote machines while agents actively send the information to the server, so it does not weaken firewall and node security.
User activity monitoring::
Optional nVision agents can monitor user activity on Windows computers:
· User login and activity/inactivity time
· Application usage grouped by the activity type (work, gaming, chatting, web browsing, etc.)
· Visited web pages
· The agent also provides workstation remote control (VNC compatible).
· nVision provides a wide range of charts and reports: real-time and historical charts, system and application performance, network traffic and many more. It also allows you to create new reports.
· Every event (alert) raised in the program is logged in the database, providing analysis of the performance of all hosts or the whole network. This will help you to access reports about the most problematic hosts in the network, frequent problems, etc.
· Reports can be fully customized. It is also very easy to create new ones.
The list of available reports:
· Real-time and historical charts
· Very clear charts presenting all monitored services, parameters, interfaces and applications.
· Such charts can be presented over the desired time range selected right in the program ? there is no need to prepare a report. The charts can easily be scrolled, providing fast access to the historical data at anytime.
· System performance reports
· Reports showing CPU, memory and disk utilization; network interface utilization and traffic.
· Service and host availability
· Reports showing ping and other service response time, lost requests and state change timeline.
· Application performance
· Specialized reports showing the performance of applications, such as MS SQL, Exchange and IIS.
· Interface traffic and utilization
· Charts and reports presenting in/out traffic and utilization of node network interfaces.
· Lists hardware and software installed on the computer.
· User activity
· Presents user work time, used applications and visited web pages.
· You can define a wide range of events when an alert should be raised. Events may be defined based on any monitored parameter and service: host or service down, service response slowdown, application performance degradation, slow page load or wrong page content, e-mail server problems, and much more.
· Each event may trigger one or more of the notification and corrective actions, such as desktop notification, e-mail, SMS or ICQ message. Alerts are stored in the event log, so you can analyze them later.
· Alert actions can be delayed and escalated. The available notifications and actions are: e-mail, ICQ, SMS via e-mail or GSM device, Syslog message, desktop notification, sound, text-to-speech, system restart/shutdown, Windows service start/stop/restart, running external programs, and writing to file. All alerts are stored in the eventlog for future analysis.
· You can set up several actions to be executed for an alert ? for example, notify administrators alternately to make sure that the problem is solved.
· Alerts can be defined as global (atlas level) on a map, or even as host level.
· Alerts can easily be configured to be valid for specific nodes only (i.e. server or routers only, or important nodes only). This allows you to define just one "host down" global alert that arises only for your servers and not when users switch off their workstations at the end of each day.
· nVision is a great base for setting up your IT or production environmental monitoring (temperature, humidity, flood etc.).
· You can have probes that check for temperature (from -139?F / -95?C), humidity, flood, fire, voltage etc. This makes sure that your production processes or a server room will not be exposed to the risks of improper operating conditions. nVision will alert you in such cases and provide real-time charts presenting current values as well as long-term trends.
· To monitor environmental parameters, nVision uses hardware based probes that you just connect to the Ethernet network, so the installation is very fast and simple.
· nVision monitors the network without any agents (except user activity monitoring, which is optional), so there is nothing to install on nodes that need monitoring. There are no agents to install, maintain or update in order to scan and monitor your network.
· This is a set of handy tools consisting of NetWatch, NetStat, fast trace, lookup, bandwidth, NetCheck, host and port/service scanner and SNMP browser. For more information, see the Axence NetTools web page.
· Why nVision?
· There are other similar network monitoring products, but nVision has several unique advantages that you won't find elsewhere. The most important are network status visualization (with real-time charts and interactive maps), performance allowing you to monitor 10,000-node networks, and the ability to track alerts (events) currently in progress.
· Performance. The ability to monitor major networks. Monitoring even 10,000 nodes is no difficulty.
· Alerts (events) in progress. You can see which alerts are still open and which are already closed (ended). This means you don't have to crawl through multiple entries in the event log to check whether they are still unresolved. You will have a list of ongoing events at a glance.
· Monitoring balancing. When monitoring a large number of nodes/services, you can be sure that nVision monitors each service as often as possible without overloading the system and the network. This is especially important for Windows XP, which limits TCP requests to 10 per second.
· Real-time visualization and trending. Even while monitoring large networks, you can see real-time charts of every service response time and counter being monitored. You can also display needed charts for any time period in the same place (you don't have to generate any reports or use any external program).
· Host status over time. nVision visualizes host status on the chart, so that you can verify whether a host has been down or had any warnings.
· Dual core processor, quad core recommended
· 2 GB RAM minimum, 4GB recommended
· Required CPU speed and memory usage are related to the number of monitored devices, the scope of monitoring and the number of generated alerts. If a network with more than 50 machines is monitored with use of installed agents, a dual core processor is req
· Video: 1024x768 or more, true color
· Network adapter card connected to your LAN/WAN
· 30 days trial
· 'Install as a service' feature is disabled
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· improved database backup mechanism
· Inventory: downgrades included in the software audits
· fixed service detection mechanism
· Network: fixed WMI monitoring mechanism
· when Agent is uninstalled, MSI entry is also removed
· DataGuard: quicker transmission of file audit information
· Users: fixed printout cost reports
· Users: fixed monitoring of websites visited in Firefox 20
· improved database backup and repair mechanism
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Axence nVision 126.96.36.19926 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |