RoutePlotter 2.0l Build 3674
A versatile utility that allows network route monitoring from any location on a permanent or temporary basis and quickly locates network problems
RoutePlotter will now monitor routes from multiple locations so critical routes can be monitored in 2 directions.
Most failures that affect the availability and service of critical application servers and IP devices occur on the network route not at the actual IP device. Traditional route testing tools only provide 'on-demand' reports that show a snapshot of the network performance consequently problems are missed.
RoutePlotter combines the automated monitoring of application services, IP devices and the network routes that serve them to deliver a comprehensive performance reporting suite. RoutePlotter provides the needed visibility to ISP route changes and overall route consistency which otherwise never get noticed or resolved.
If you don't continuously monitor the network infrastructure to your business critical devices, how can you identify when ISP issues are impacting your customers.
- Monitors critical network routes in multiple directions
- Routing to an IP device and from an IP device is seldom the same. Visibility from multiple locations quickly shows network service problems and identifies ownership for resolution.
- Flexible agent technology:
- Supports network route monitoring from any location on a permanent or temporary basis such as a customer with connection difficulties.
- Locates single points of failure in network routes:
- Identifies common nodes to multiple routes with a single mouse click.
- Reports the availability and quality of service for any IP device:
- Key performance measures of network latency and packet loss provide essential views of network health and device availability.
- Measures changes in IP routing between the server and the destination:
- Easily identify the impact to service levels and pinpoint router failures such as router-flaps caused by ISP changes to network routing.
- Measures the quality of each hop , reports packet loss and the network provider:
- Identify congestion and packets dropped for each hop along the route, including the ISP responsible for that network segment.
- Monitors application service availability:
- Go beyond basic system availability and validate that application services are running and responding on specific ports.
- Easy-to-use rules engine provides automated alerts when failures occur:
- A flexible Outlook-style rules engine provides instant notification of a performance failure in any one hop or for an entire route, including the ability to detect if the failure is a one-off or sustained event.
- Maintains detailed history and provides replay facilities:
- Easily examine past events when customer and users complain after the event including the ability to replay past time periods.
- Automatically captures trace routes when alerts occur:
- Quickly pinpoint the cause of a service failure with detailed trace route reports that record connectivity diagnostics at the moment a performance problem occurs.
- Quick and easy implementation:
- Installs in minutes, includes a built-in web server for simplified administration and easy remote access.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!