Softpedia Editor's Review for netcut
Control the network usage
Written by Bogdan Popa on March 9th, 2012
netcut is a free Windows tool designed to scan the computers in your network and provide information on every single machine.
While you may find the interface a bit unprofessional, you need a few minutes to figure out where to start.
netcut automatically scans your network and retrieves information on the connected machines, with dedicated tools to find a specific IP. A very good feature is the one that allows you to choose a different network adapter in case you're using multiple ones at the same time.
The main window is being used to display the current status of a specific IP (on or off), the IP per se, the hostname and the physical address, which is actually the MAC address of a connected system.
And speaking of MAC addresses, netcut also comprises a dedicated MAC spoofing tool that enables you to change the physical address of the selected network adapter with just a few clicks.
Unfortunately, the interface seems to be a major drawback, not only because beginners may get lost in it after launching the app, but also due to the fact that all buttons are grouped above the IP list panel.
On the good side however, netcut works like a charm on all Windows workstations and it doesn't seem to affect system performance at all, without even asking for administrator privileges when loaded on Windows 7.
Overall, netcut is clearly a handy tool, but certain improvements are still needed to meet expectations. Still a good thing that it's free, but the customization level is very low.
Here are some key features of "netcut":
· Manage your network using ARP protocol
· Discover who is on your network instantly. (IP/Device name/MAC address), Iphone/Xbox/Wii/PS3andriod/andriod
· Works in office LAN, school LAN/ISP LAN or or even Iphone/Xbox/Wii/PS3andriod/andriod network
· Find/export all MAC address in your network in seconds
· Turn off & on network on any device , computer/phone/xbox/wii/Router/switcher in your LAN.
· Protect user from ARP SPOOF attacks
· Change MAC address on any adapter.
· Clone MAC address from any device of your network to your own adapter.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support Real time view of "who cut me",
· Support change gateway/change network on fly. (i.e) when you switch WIFI network from Starbuck to mcdonalds network, you don't need restart