DameWare Remote Support (DRS) is an enterprise system management application for your operating system which allows Administrators to go beyond the limitations of Microsoft's Management Console (MMC).
DRS provides an integrated collection of Microsoft Windows NT administration utilities, incorporated within a "easy to use" centralized interface for remote management of Windows Servers and Workstations.
Most all of the standard utilities are included within DRS's powerful Explorer-style interface, many of which have been greatly enhanced to provide superior performance, added functionality, and ease of use.
DRS also contains custom NT tools including the DameWare Mini Remote Control program and the Exporter, and also supports the use of standard shell property pages and shell context menus.
DRS also contains a powerful Active Directory Object Browser, and extensive Active Directory functionality for retrieving, searching, and filtering of all AD Objects & attributes. Management of objects such as OUs (Organizational Units), Containers, Users, Groups, Contacts, Computers, & Shares, as well as attributes that are not available within Microsoft's MMC (i.e. Photos, Logos, employee ID, etc...) are all supported.
DRS's exclusive Quick OU & Picture/Logo management functionality just further emphasizes DameWare Development's commitment to producing quality products that are easy to use.
In addition to Active Directory, DRS will support management of Domains, Workstations, Event Logs, Disk Drives, Local Groups, Global Groups, Domain members, Open Files, Printers, Processes, Properties, Registry, Services, Sessions, Shares, ShutDown/Reboot, Software, Terminal Services/RDP, Users, Wake-on-LAN, and many more features. DNTU continues to support legacy (non-AD) Microsoft Windows Network implementation via a dynamic "Microsoft Windows Network" Browser tree view.
Domain controllers, servers and workstations, as well as non-browsable machines (machines that by default are not shown in Microsoft's Windows Network Browser), can easily be managed via machine name or IP address after being added to the network browser tree view. DRS basically gives you the ability to manage your Windows network from one easy to use Explorer-style interface.
DRS also includes the DameWare Mini Remote Control program for fast and easy deployment and troubleshooting, and the Exporter to quickly extract information from remote Windows machines. For additional information on these products, please take a look at their corresponding product information pages.
DameWare Development's affordable licensing policy is based on the number of administrators actually using the software, regardless of the number of servers or clients being accessed.
Here are some key features of "DameWare Remote Support (formerly DameWare NT Utilities)":
· DRS's Active Directory functionality does not require the user to be currently logged into the Domain in order to function. We also continually receive comments from our user community, that the implementation of our Active Directory interface is one of the best on the market today. Not only in functionality, but also in flexibility and ease of use.
· DRS also includes the Mini Remote Control program, as well as the DameWare Exporter. So you are actually getting three powerful products all in one low price.
· DRS is a multi-threaded application, which allows for enhanced performance and speed. So you don't have to wait for one View to finish loading before starting another task within the software. You also have the ability to customize the thread priorities.
· DRS is implemented within an MDI (Multiple Document) interface. In other words, you can have multiple views open for the same machine or even several different machines simultaneously.
· Active Directory
· Active Directory Client Extensions for Windows 95/98 and Windows NT 4.0
· Exchange 2000/2003
· COM Control
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
This version of DRS provides the following improvements:
· Windows 8 Support: You can now install DRS on computers running the latest Windows desktop operating system. DRS also connects to remote hosts running Windows 8.
· Version 9.0.1 of Mini Remote Control: This release includes the latest version of DameWare MRC. For additional information, see the DameWare MRC release notes.
· Intel vPro Support: Both DRS and MRC now support Intel vPro hardware enabled with Active Management Technology (AMT). In DRS, power on, power off, or restart remote vPro systems even when they are powered off. For additional information, see KB400112.
· Support for Silent Installs: Both DRS and MRC now include command-line arguments to support installing and licensing the products silently. For additional information, see KB400113.
· Multiple bug fixes: For additional information, see "Resolved Issues" in these release notes.
· DameWare Remote Support version 9.0.1 resolves the following issues in earlier...