Steel RunAs helps you in executing audit commands or any kind of application which runs properly when run only with administrator privileges without having to give the user full rights to his machine.
Steel RunAs lets you give access to the user to run that application with administrator credentials without making him into a administrator equivalent account.
If you are managing Windows computers, you know that administrator privileges are required to install applications and to make configuration changes on your user's computers.As an administrator of computers you would need to install many applications in your users computers.
This task would need you to personally visit the client workstation and launch the setup. Now that if you wish not to go till there and start the setup you would want your co-workers to install the application without the need for you to enter the password.
Steel RunAs lets you to achieve this task easily. All you have to do is create a self running ( executable ) exe which contains all the required parameters like the administrator or equivalent user name and the password associated with that and the program to launch with that privileges.
Here are some key features of "Steel RunAs":
· Strong encryption standards using multiple loop RC4 with pseudo random seed.
· Execute any application with alternate credentials.
· Supports usage of environmental variables for domain names.
· Target MD5 checking to prevent misuse or changes in the target application.
· No client side installation needed for execution.
· No command line needed for executing programs with alternate credentials.
· Ability to assign unique icon for target executables.
· Additional execution password option for target executables.
· 128MB RAM
· 6 MB free space
· Target run time limitation to 5 times
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Included Icon option
· Improved encryption