Softpedia Editor's Review for Aloaha PDF Saver
Fill in PDF Forms and save them to disk
Written by Elena Opris on February 11th, 2013
Aloaha PDF Saver is a program which enables you to fill PDF forms and to save them to your computer. It can be used by individuals of any level of experience.
This type of software is necessary when you want to protect the authenticity of your PDF files and to prevent them from being commercialized by unauthorized users, for instance.
The interface of the application is minimalistic and intuitive. Opening a file can be done by using either the file browser or 'drag and drop' method.
So, you can apply a picture or text signature, configure digital signature settings, as well as enable transparency mode and certify the document. It is possible to create templates.
In addition, you can toggle between Adobe and Aloaha viewing mode, adjust the DPI, switch to best size viewing mode and enable a toolbar. Plus, you can disable borders and change the interface language. When you finish editing the document, you can save it to a new file by establishing the output filename and directory.
The straightforward software solution runs on a moderate-to-high amount of CPU and system memory, is pretty responsive to commands, and includes user documentation. Aloaha PDF Saver did not freeze or crash during our evaluation. On the downside, it popped up several errors whenever we opened a new document. Other than that, Aloaha PDF Saver provides some basic features for applying digital signatures to PDF files.
Aloaha PDF Saver description
Here are some key features of "Aloaha PDF Saver":
· Save your form data to disk and open the form again without loosing your entries.
· save the data as editable form fields or "burn/flatten" the data into the PDF so that no one can edit it again but it can be opened for viewing.
· Use the Aloaha PDF Form Saver as alternative PDF Reader.
· Digitally Sign any PDF Document.
· Software Certificates and Smartcards are supported via CSP.
· Some Cards are supported native.
· Timestamp any PDF Document RFC 3161 compatible.
· Add your own PDF Form Fields. Its the ideal way to annotate PDF.
· Edit existing PDF Form Fields (Position, Properties, Fonts)
· Add Images to your PDF
· Print PDF Documents which cannot be printed with other Reader Software.
· Embed Aloaha in your own applications. Aloaha Saver OCX included!
· Freeware Aloaha PDF Reader OCX included!
· Sample Source Code in samplesformsaver included.
· Secure PIN Entry
· No Form Router or Form Server required!
· No additional 3rd party packages such as ghostscript required!
· Adobe Reader is not required!
· Not all features are available
· Watermark on output file