Softpedia Editor's Review for AutoDWG PDF Converter
You can use this application when you need to convert your AutoCAD files to PDF
Written by Elena Opris on January 7th, 2013
AutoDWG PDF Converter is a program with a pretty self-explanatory name - it lets you turn AutoCAD sketches (DWG, DXF, DWF) into PDF files.
The interface is based on a wizard where you can follow a few simple steps to get the job done. Importing items into the file queue can be done with the help of the file browser, folder view or 'drag and drop' method. Working with multiple entries at the same time is allowed.
You can select the model and layout, as well as configure settings regarding the output quality, color and type (e.g. merge into a single PDF file), paper size, layout, zoom mode and page orientation.
In the following steps you can modify the default background color, pen size and lineweight scale, as well as specify the output directory and filename. But you can also add watermarks, encrypt the PDF items with a password, as well as make AutoDWG PDF Converter retain TrueType fonts and fill their text.
The PDF processing tool uses a moderate amount of CPU and system memory, is very responsive and manages to preserve the original drawing quality in the output files. We have not come across any error dialogs in our tests and AutoDWG PDF Converter did not freeze or crash. There is also a help file available.
AutoDWG PDF Converter description
Here are some key features of "AutoDWG PDF Converter":
· High output quality
· Create a single merged PDF file from several DWG files or create an individual PDF file for each DWG file selected
· Both model space and paper space supported
· Batch mode supported
· Multiple choice of output paper size
· Don't need of AutoCAD
· Support advanced bookmark, create bookmark automatically using layout name and file name
· Retain true type fonts, TTF, texts are searchable in PDF
· Settings will be kept no change for next launch
· Add permissions for printing, clipboard coping, modification
· PDF encryption and password protection
· Manage line width or using default line weight, import CTB file
· Add SHX font path and manage XREF path
· 15 days trial period
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Supports AutoCAD 2012