Softpedia Editor's Review for PDF Annotator
Add annotations using the mouse or a Tablet PC pen or directly on the PDF
Written by Elena Opris on March 24th, 2013
PDF Annotator is a feature-packed software application which allows you to add annotations to your PDF files. These can be directly applied to the documents. Alternatively, you can use the mouse or a Tablet PC.
The interface of the program is professional-looking and intuitive. PDF Annotator supplies you with a wide range of shapes and colors when it comes to pens, markers and stamps, along with text and graphical tools.
It is also possible to use standard tools, such as line, arrow, rectangle, ellipse, eraser and lasso. Furthermore, you can take snapshots and save them as images or stamps, or simply copy them to the Clipboard, as well as extract text from the original documents, crop the current page or insert images.
In addition, you can access a list of favorite tools, find text, use the undo and redo functions, rotate and flip selections, melt or remove all annotations, zoom in and out, switch to full screen mode, and create auxiliary lines, among others.
The software app is customizable concerning document tabs, toolbars, the sidebar, the full screen mode, measures, the language, text and performance. Plus, you can create backups, adjust the annotation quality, integrate PDF Annotator into the Explorer context menu, access a virtual printer and select the logging level.
PDF Annotator runs on a moderate-to-high amount of CPU and system memory, has a good response time and includes user documentation. No error dialogs have been shown in our testing and the application did not hang or crash. Thanks to its intuitive layout and wide range of customization settings, PDF Annotator can be handled by users of any level of experience.
PDF Annotator description
Here are some key features of "PDF Annotator":
Annotation Manager in the Sidebar:
· Get a quick overview of all annotations in a document.
· Navigate to any annotations quickly.
· Perform operations on any selection of annotations.
· Only display a filtered subset of your annotations in the new Annotations sidebar.
· Filter by type, color, or page number.
Print Annotations Overviews:
· Print a detailed list with small previews of every single annotation in a document.
· Print an overview only outlining the pages containing annotations.
· Export any selection of annotations.
· Reimport those annotations into a different document.
· Or reimport annotations into a new version of the original document.
· Select between various lined or squared papers for new documents or pages.
· Additional pages with automatically use the right background.
· Background lines will be saved into your document.
· Draw straight lines
· Different line styles
· Snap to 45° angles option
· Full favorites and toolbox support - Create your own line tools
· Extract pages into a new document.
· Move bookmarks.
· Automatically minimize text box size after editing.
· Set DPI for snapshots.
· Automatic backups.
· Full Unicode support.
· Switch between languages.
· Many minor improvements.
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Completely reworked "Extract Text" tool with either Line or Block selection modes.
· Toolbar position in full screen mode can be switched from left to right edge of the screen.
· Setting to switch measurement units between mm and inch.
"Text Search" improvements:
· Unicode issues resolved (affected text input in Asian languages).
· Stamp transparency issues resolved.
· Minor bug fixes and improvements