Softpedia Editor's Review for PDF Password Remover
Can be used to decrypt protected Adobe Acrobat PDF file
Written by Elena Opris on October 3rd, 2012
PDF Password Remover is a tool that enables you to remove passwords from protected PDF documents. It’s highly effective and work for large files, too.
First off, we should mention that this is not a password cracker and it works only if you know the password for that document. The output document will no longer ask for a password when opened.
The installation process is very simple; no efforts are required aside from pressing a few ‘Next’ buttons. The interface is very plain, and there aren't any other options besides opening a PDF document, inserting the user and/or owner password, and choosing the output directory, so the program is straightforward, but very fast. Removing a password is almost instantly done.
If you have any questions about the features found in PDF Password Remover, you can access the help file. It basically describes everything the tool can do.
This is a pretty useful application, but only works when you know the password to the PDF file. That basically means you can only remove passwords of your own files. So the program is absolutely useless if, for instance, you download an encrypted document with an unknown password.
In conclusion, PDF Password Remover is a simple, very easy to use application that can revert PDF documents to their original, unprotected state. For this, you need to know the password; otherwise, it can’t perform miracles.
PDF Password Remover description
Here are some key features of "PDF Password Remover":
· Easy to use
· Supports drag and drop PDF files
· Do NOT need Adobe Acrobat software
· Remove the security settings from your encrypted PDF file is instant
· Supports command line operation (for manual use or inclusion in scripts)
· Supports PDF1.6 protocol (formerly only supported by Acrobat 7.0 application)
· Supports PDF1.6 (Acrobat 7.x) files, including 40-bit RC4 decryption, 128-bit RC4 decryption, compressed files and unencrypted metadata
· Batch operation on many files from command line
· Supports Adobe Standard 40-bit Encryption and Adobe Advanced 128-bit Encryption
· Decrypts protected Adobe Acrobat PDF files, removing restrictions on printing, editing, copying
· 32 MB RAM
· can use it 50 times
· nag screen
· only opens the first half pages from the original PDF files
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Remove password from encrypted Adobe PDF file, support 128bit AES decryption