Softpedia Editor's Review for PDF SpeedUp
Speed up your Acrobat Reader
Written by Bogdan Popa on April 9th, 2012
PDF SpeedUp is an easy to use Windows software solution designed to increase the loading time of Adobe Reader and thus open PDF files a bit faster.
It may all sound like a tool addressed to experienced users, but PDF SpeedUp isn't such a complicated app, relying on intuitive features and easy to configure options.
Truth is, you may need to know a thing or two about Adobe Reader, but everything's actually very straightforward and it takes just a minute to optimize your PDF viewer.
All features are grouped in a single window, so the whole so-called optimization process comes down to checking the options you want and hitting the “Optimize” button.
You can for instance turn off all “Updates” features, disable the splash screen, eliminate advertisements in the toolbar, disable browser integration, clear Adobe Reader recent files history and block plug-ins at startup.
Besides the fact that it also supports multiple languages, including French, German and Japan, the program can work with Adobe Acrobat 5 and newer, but also with Adobe Reader 6 and newer.
Since it's such a simple solution, PDF SpeedUp runs on low resources and doesn't affect system performance at all, regardless of the Windows version you're using on your computer.
On the good side, PDF SpeedUp is clearly an effective product and does what it says with minimum configuration. On the other hand, it lacks many important features and even if it boasts so intuitive features, it doesn't include a help manual to guide users.
All in all, PDF SpeedUp is a handy piece of software that can be safely used by beginners and those with a bit more computer experience alike, relying on a very straightforward approach and simple interface.
PDF SpeedUp description
Here are some key features of "PDF SpeedUp":
· Free PDF Tweak Utility for Adobe Acrobat 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Adobe Reader 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
· Enable or disable the plug-ins as needed
· Turn off all Updates features
· Disable the splash screen during program startup
· Remove the My eBooks folder created in My Documents
· Turn off the advertisements for Adobe products in the upper-right corner of the toolbar
· Remove PrintMe and Adobe Reader icons
· Disable Browser Integration
· Disable confirmation dialog when closing Adobe Reader
· Better speed for LAN and Cable connection
· Clear Adobe Reader Recent Files History
· Restore to original settings at any time