Crimson Editor is a professional source code editor for your operating system. This program is not only fast in loading time, but also small in size (so small that it can be copied in one floppy disk).
While it can serve as a good replacement for Notepad, it also offers many powerful features for programming languages such as HTML, C/C++, Perl and Java.
Here are some key features of "Crimson Editor":
Edit multiple documents:
· switch between documents using file selection tab.
· Ctrl+Tab brings the last accessed document to topmost.
· support window splitter to see different parts of a document.
· configurable via custom syntax files.
· preconfigured for more than 100 computer languages.
Multi-level undo / redo:
· all editing actions are recorded from the opening of a file.
· any document always can be undone to it's initial contents.
· unlimited undo and redo buffers.
· manage group of related files into one project.
· remote files also can be included in a project.
Directory tree view window:
· click to open documents.
· filter to display only selected file class.
Find & Replace:
· replace specified text one by one, or as a whole.
· support regular expression.
Column mode editing:
· copy and paste rectangular selections.
· switch between column mode and line mode. (Alt+C)
Natural word wrapping:
· word wrapping does not affect syntax highlighting.
· configurable wrapping indentation. (easer to understand the syntax)
· around 100000 words were added in the dictionary.
· users can register new words in their own dictionary. (InstallDir/user.dic)
User tools and macros:
· execute external programs with proper arguments.
· compile, execute and test your code.
· ease your fingers with key stroke recording. (record & replay)
Edit remote files directly using built-in FTP client:
· open, edit, and save documents in remote FTP servers.
· save account information (encoded) for automatic logon.
Print & Print preview:
· configurable page header and footer.
· print with line numbers.
· print with syntax highlighting. (used in color printer)
· true type font selection for printer.
· 4MB free disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· unicode encoding, splitter window
· bug fixed: DEL key deletes directory item when project item is selected.
· bug fixed: ftp file transfer error when the file size is multiple of 512 bytes.
· bug fixed: search & replace the beginning of line crashes Crimson Editor.
· bug fixed: find with 'Match whole word' considers a '_' as not part of a word.
· bug fixed: comment color when typing the word 'remove' in ASP document.
· bug fixed: screen resolution problem using dual monitor.
· bug fixed: backup file creation failed in UNC path.
· bug fixed: abnormal caret movement after print preview.
· bug fixed: search next selected text in column mode.
· bug fixed: open last working remote file without saving password.
· bug fixed: CWD now follows 'File Open' dialog.
· bug fixed: problem typing Se-Bul-Sik Korean characters.
· bug fixed: loses project workspace when user cancel program termination.
· bug fixed: sharing violation when try to open a file already in use.
· bug fixed: abnormal command line execution...