Softpedia Editor's Review for AceMoney Lite
Manage your finances with this practical tool
Written by Elena Opris on March 2nd, 2013
AceMoney Lite is a simple-to-use program which allows you to manage your personal finances in a user-friendly environment. Its features can be easily discovered.
This is the light version of AceMoney – the only difference is that this edition allows you to work with only one account.
Upon program initialization, you can configure currency settings when it comes to the default currency, number of decimal digits, decimal point and thousands separator. Plus, you can set date properties regarding the format and separator.
The interface of the program consists of an intuitive layout where you can create a new account by specifying a name, account group, bank, account number, opening balance, currency, balance limit, annual percentage rate, and comments.
In addition, you can view the bills you need to pay, add, edit or skip a bill or deposit, as well as keep a track of the financial details with the help of a calendar.
AceMoney may also display general, category, payee, budget or investment reports based on the cash flow, last 30 days transactions, expenses by accounts, transactions by criteria, and others. Furthermore, you can view the exchange rates, switch to the portfolio viewing mode, create and organize a favorites list, as well as import and export data.
The program requires a low-to-moderate amount of CPU and system memory, supports keyboard shortcuts, and includes user documentation. We have not come across any problems during our testing; AceMoney did not freeze, crash or pop up error dialogs. All in all, AceMoney makes up for a very good personal accounting software, thanks to its intuitive layout and rich features.
AceMoney Lite description
Here are some key features of "AceMoney Lite":
Track your spending habits and see where the money goes:
· Generate any home budget report by categories or payors/payees, including pie charts. Now you can see at a glance how much you spent on food last month. Find all your withdrawals and deposits by any parameter.
Create and manage home budget:
· The program has more than 100 predefined spending categories. Setup budget limits for every category and track the difference between actual and budgeted values.
Track performance of investments:
· Track 401k, Stock options, Employee Stock Purchase Plans or any other investment activities. You don't need to enter the stock quotes manually: AceMoney will download them from the net!
Do your financial math in multiple currencies:
· The software supports more than 150 different currencies and automatically downloads their exchange rates from Internet.
Enjoy the convenience of on-line banking:
· Download and import information from on-line banks in QIF and OFX formats. If you run a small business, export to HTML, Text, or CSV formats to generate statements or perform complex statistical analysis.
Plan debts and mortgage payments:
· AceMoney, personal financial software, provides a loan calculator to plan debt payments for your home budget and a professional mortgage calculator to estimate future morgage payments if you are planning to purchase real estate.
· 8Mb RAM
· The lite version will allow you to work with two only accounts.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated the list of online banks
· Improved phone/tablet pairing experience (AceMoney Receipts)
· Closed accounts are now hidden in AceMoney Receipts