Cinderella 2.8 Build 1685
A robust utility for creating all kinds of complex graphics
And since Java is built into many browsers, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari, you and others can use your constructions across the Internet. Communicating geometry is easy with Cinderella.
Using this software you can create complex configurations from different fields and of different types like geometrical, calculus, discrete, fractals, forces etc.
- A mouse-driven interactive geometry program: With a few mouse clicks you can construct simple or complex geometric configurations. No programming or keyboard input is necessary. After you have completed a construction you can pick a base element with the mouse and drag it around, while the entire construction follows your moves consistently. This enables you to explore the dynamic behavior of a drawing.
- Cinderella has built-in automatic proving facilities: While you construct your configuration Cinderella reports any nontrivial facts that occur.
- Cinderella allows simultaneous manipulation and construction in different views: You can view and manipulate the same configuration in the usual Euclidean plane, on a sphere, and even in Poincaré's hyperbolic disk.
- Cinderella has "native support" for non-Euclidean geometries: In Cinderella you can easily switch between Euclidean, hyperbolic, and elliptic geometry. Depending on the context, your actions are always interpreted correctly.
- advanced facilities for geometric loci: The unique mathematical methods of Cinderella guarantee that complete real branches of the loci and not only parts of them are drawn.
- "Internet-aware": The entire program is written in Java. Each construction can be exported immediately to an interactive web page. Even student exercises and animations can be created in this way.
- produces high-quality printouts: You can generate camera-ready PostScript or PDF files of your drawings. This vector output is superior to screenshot pictures and uses the full resolution of the printer.
- based on mathematical theory: The whole implementation has a mathematical foundation. The theories of the great geometers of the nineteenth century, as well as many new insights, make Cinderella a highly reliable and consistent tool for geometry.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.6 Build 1465
- Enhanced Graphics Primitives: Circular Arcs and Angle Marks
- Active Segments
- Polygon Modes
- Conic Modes