Portable Brain Workshop is a Python implementation of the Dual N-Back mental exercise. Portable Brain Workshop was designed to engage you in a mental activity that is scientifically proven to improve your short-term memory and fluid intelligence (IQ).
The game involves remembering a sequence of spoken letters and a sequence of positions of a square at the same time. Brain Workshop includes an optional Triple N-Back mode that introduces differently colored squares as a third stimulus.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed config.ini file format. Existing config.ini files will be renamed and replaced. Users will have to migrate their customizations manually.
· Added Multi-stim modes, whereby objects appear in two to four places
· in the 3x3 grid at the same time. Objects can be differentiated either by image or by color.
· Added Crab modes. In crab modes, you have to reverse every N stimuli when matching, so that in 3-back, if the stimuli you saw were the first line below, then you would be matching them against the second line
· ull support for multiple users and/or profiles. This lets you
· easily keep separate statistics for different settings (for example,
· with different timings or with JAEGGI_SCORING in the config file) or
· for different users.
· Added an "interference" setting, whereby a certain percentage of the time Brain Workshop will generate trials designed to be particularly tricky, such as by making the current stimulus match the stimulus n-1), (n+1), or (2n) trials ago, or (in multi-st...