QtWeb Portable description
Compact and portable alternate web browser with unique privacy features
QtWeb Internet Browser - lightweight, secure and portable browser having unique user interface and privacy features.
QtWeb is an open source project based on Nokia's Qt framework and Apple's WebKit rendering engine (the same as being used in Apple Safari and Google Chrome).
QtWeb is an interesting browser which allows users to surf the Internet fast and easy.
Here are some key features of "QtWeb Portable":
Customizable User Interface:
· Change Application Style on the fly, and see how the program and websites look under different versions of Windows and Unix environment.
· Move Navigation Bar and Bookmarks Bar anywhere within a mainframe, or even undock and place them on the Desktop.
· Tabbed browsing by default. User Interface can be switched to non-tabbed.
Privacy and Security features:
· Turn on Private Browsing mode to avoid leaving traces of browsing, even UserAgent which is being sent to the web server is masked.
· Full Reset feature - clears all caches and restores all local settings to the state just after installation, as it was never run on the machine.
· Supported SSL to access secure sites. Certificate information and certification path can be displayed.
Lightweight, fast and portable browser:
· Size of executable is 11MB only, no additional DLLs and other configuration files required.
· In most cases you just need one file - QtWeb.exe, that can be copied and run even from USB or CD/DVD.
· Can be run in limited Windows environment (Win PE), like Active Boot Disk, or BartPE running from CD/DVD/USB.
· Supported FTP browsing and downloading.
· AutoFill option - stores and pre-populates user names and passwords for the sites you visit most.
· With Qt 4.5 supported Netscape plugins, like Adobe Flash Player, QuickTime or MediaPlayer.
· 128 MB RAM
· 7 MB free space on disk for installation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Qt Framework is upgraded to the latest version 4.8.4
· The latest AppleWebKit 534.34, which is faster and more robust
· Windows (Win32), MacOS X (cocoa), Linux & Unix (elf) binaries
· Executables (for all platforms) are more compact in size
· Minor improvements and bug fixes