Softpedia Editor's Review for Portable AIMP
A media player, audio converter, tag editor and sound recorder
Written by Elena Opris on April 15th, 2013
AIMP is a software you can use to play your audio files. This program can be placed on your computer as a portable product because it doesn't require installation and your Windows registry entries remain intact. You can also store AIMP on a removable device and take it everywhere with you.
The interface of the media player is simple and attractive. You can import music by using the file browser or the "drag and drop" method.
In the playlist you can view the name of the track, as well as its settings (e.g. sample frequency rate, size on disk), time length and rating.
Thus, you can add a streaming link or a playlist, browse for online radio, save the tracklist, sort music (e.g. by title, duration, randomize), create and save a playlist, as well as use a quick search function.
You can also edit tag information, create and organize an audio library, schedule a computer power option (e.g. shutdown, sleep, close application) or an alarm (you can select a file to play and adjust the volume).
Furthermore, you can add sound effects (e.g. echo, reverb, flanger, chorus, bass, tempo, pitch), install DSP plugins, normalize volume, adjust balance and reset settings to default.
Plus, you can configure playback, playlist, player and interface options. You can set file associations, reassign hotkeys, check for updates, change the skin and language, and more.
The media player uses a very low amount of system resources, contains a comprehensive help file with snapshots and didn't cause us any kind of problems during our tests.
Since it is extremely simple to handle by individuals with any experience level, we strongly recommend Portable AIMP to all users.
Portable AIMP description
- Bookmarks Manager: added an ability to sort items via click on table column
- Fixed: Replace Confirmation Dialog - the "Replace All" and the "Skip all" buttons doesn't work
- Fixed: Sound Engine - stuttering occurs on start of playback in some cases
- Fixed: Sound Engine - the application hangs during playback of file with duration less than 1 seconds if the "repeat track" mode is active
- Fixed: Sound Engine - player doesn't play last 20-30 msec of track
- Fixed: Player - file in the CUE format loads incorrectly in some cases
- Small bugs were fixed