Portable SNMP Agent Builder is a tool that you can use to building two types of SNMP agents. You can use the tool to create monolithic agents or extensible agents with master/subagent architecture.
All SNMP versions (SNMPv1, SNMPv2c and SNMPv3) are fully supported both on SNMP agent and manager sides.
An intuitive graphical user interface is provided for automating a wide variety of SNMP agent development tasks, including automatically generating agent java source code from MIBs, incremental agent development etc.
The standalone version of the software can be found here.
Here are some key features of "Portable SNMP Agent Builder":
· The first Java SNMP product to support both DES and strong 128-bit AES encryption algorithms
· Complete SNMPv3 USM support, including HMAC-MD5, HMAC-SHA, CBC-DES, CFB128-AES-128, CFB128-AES-192, CFB128-AES-256 algorithms
· Support for master/subagent architecture based on standard AgentX technology
· Support for building Windows Extension Agent
· Greatly reduces complexity of agent development. Many tricky SNMP issues are hidden from developers.
· Many optimization techniques are employed to create high performance agents
· Conformance to SNMP RFCs
· Support for dynamic row creation and deletion
· Small-footprint agents
· IPv6 support
· Easy-to-understand configuration file format
· Re-configurable at run time
· Multihome Interfaces support
· VACM-like support for SNMPv1/v2c agents. Different community strings can be associated with different MIB views.
· Runtime Environment: J2SE (version 1.3+), J2EE and J2ME CDC (Note: SNMPv3 AES encryption is not supported in J2ME CDC)
· At least 32 MB RAM
· 30 days trial