Softpedia Editor's Review for RoboForm2Go
Take your passwords wherever you go!
Written by Gabriela Vatu on December 17th, 2012
Nowadays we all have dozens of online accounts, whether they’re for email services, social networks, online banking profiles or shopping websites. Keeping track of all the various passwords can prove to be a bit too difficult, unless you are a memorist or use a program created to remember all the data, such as RoboForm2Go.
RoboForm2Go is an app that can remember all passwords, as well as bookmarks; it can also fill out registration forms. In order for this to be possible, you must create an “Identity”. This contains plenty of personal information, such as home address, phone number, job details, birthday, credit card and bank account info.
The software can automatically log you into your online accounts by attaching to the browsers. However, the software doesn’t modify any of the system registry keys.
Notes can also be created with the help of this program. By using “Safenote” you can store any information you want and have access to it at any time.
In order to protect your private information, the same password should never be assigned to two accounts. Furthermore, the safest passwords are alphanumerical. All these details combined usually means that you can easily forget or confound which password goes where.
RoboForm2Go comes with a password generator tool. You can include lower or upper case letters, numbers and various keyboard symbols. Also, the number of characters for the password can be chosen.
The fact of the matter is that RoboForm2Go is a nice program that can be of great help. Since the app is portable, you can store it on a USB flash drive and use it on any computer, without leaving traces.
Here are some key features of "RoboForm2Go":
· Save and fill password in Windows (WIN32) applications.
· Non-modal AutoSave presented as a toolbar.
· AutoSave: Show what is being saved in Details view.
· Each passcard contains an icon from web site it logs into.
· Fully support UNICODE: all file names may be non-latin.
· Editors do not use HTML, so they are faster and more stable.
· Scripting of keyboard and mouse click input for applications where AutoSave does not work, such as SAP.
· Use fingerprint reader to enter Master Password, no need to type it.
· USB Flash Drive
· U3 Flash drive (for U3 version)
· Can create up to 10 records
· Can use only the default profile
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Chrome: fix some punctuation characters are not accepted in search string.
· Chrome: speed up browsing with RoboForm when AutoFill is Off.
· Chrome Popup Toolbar: fix positioning of toolbar items, it was wrong in some cases.
· Chrome AutoFill: fix z-order and positioning of AutoFill window.
· Firefox: fix RoboForm cannot save bookmark for non-html documents.
· Firefox: fix text of disabled buttons is not grayed out in RF toolbar.
· Help tooltip: fix appear/disappear problems.
· Opera: fix RF installer does not install RF extension into Opera sometimes.
· SaveForms dialog: Offer to save Bookmarks unprotected by default.
· SaveForms dialog: memorize folder to which user saved and offer it next time.
· AutoSave: fix AutoSave does not work correctly on united.com.
· Login Tip: Add ability to copy text from RF Login Tip.
· Browser Closer in RF installer: fix several issues in closing browsers.
· Activation: fix small issues in the new activation UI.
· Editor: fix several appearance and focus issues.