Understand is a useful and reliable application designed to collect metrics about the code you enter in the program.
Understand is a cross-platform, multi-language, maintenance-oriented IDE (interactive development environment). It is designed to help maintain and understand large amounts of legacy or newly-created source code. The source code analyzed may include Ada, C++, C#, FORTRAN, Java, JOVIAL, and/or Delphi/Pascal.
It offers code navigation using a detailed cross-reference, a syntax-colorizing “smart” editor, and a variety of graphical reverse engineering views.
Understand creates a repository of the relations and structures contained within the software project. The repository is then used to learn about the source code.
Here are some key features of "Understand":
· Analysis / Parsing
· Rapid code exploration/navigation
· TrackBack constant code backup system
· Maintenance oriented powerful Programmers Editor
· Measure (metrics)
· Change Analysis
· Sharing of Information
· 200MB for installation
· 1GB RAM
· 15 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed several Fortran syntax highlighting bugs.
· Ui improvements to languages and visual studio panels
· Fortran, Added Intel project file extension in Visual Studio open dialog
· Made "database lock" warning message more verbose
· Java, Fixed bug where an annotation with parentheses but no arguments caused a syntax error.
· Ada, made additional change to reduce db size when 'Create and cross reference record components' option is used.
· Java Fixed bug where an enum constant with an empty argument list caused a syntax error.
· Fixed possible crash on project save, introduced in b501
· Fix option handling in interactive reports, broken in b476
· For Ada report generation, made change to limit invocation tree report to begin with only 'main' program units as specified in the Ada options panel. If no 'main' program units are specified, the invocation tree report generates an entry for each uncalled subprogram.