PSPad 4.5.8 Build 2500 / 4.5.9 Build 2517 Beta
A small yet powerful programmer's editor that features syntax highlighting, HTML previewing and a FTP client
The application has been specifically designed to serve a double purpose. It can easily replace the popular Wordpad and Notepad tools included in Windows and, in the same time, PSPad will prove its worth when dealing with complicated code syntax.
The ace up its sleeve is actually a mix between the excellent bundle of features and its quite easy to use and friendly interface. Since it was designed to help all types of users, PSPad comes with an impressive list of templates that includes PHP, Python, HTML, C++, Foxpro, XHTML and many others.
There are so many tools in there that some users may find PSPad a bit overwhelming at first glance, but it's just the way such an application is supposed to be in order to accommodate the needs of regular users and programmers alike.
Besides feature like syntax highlighting, macro recording or search and replace functions that are common to many similar apps, PSPad brings to the table much more. It comes with a full HEX editor, a FTP client so that you can edit files straight on the server, an internal web browser, a color translator and the code checking and formatting TiDy library.
All things considered, PSPad is definitely once of the top choices when it comes to code and text editing applications. It is designed for beginners as well as experienced programmer and comes with a great set of features to meet anyone's needs.
Reviewed by Bogdan Popa, last updated on November 26th, 2014
Also available: Portable PSPad
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 4.5.9 Build 2517 Beta
- FTP - new option for SSL/TLS - Prot P or Prot C settings
- scripting - new function topLineIndex([integer]):integer - sets top line or returns index of first visible line in editor window
- scripting - new function linesInWindow(): integer - returns number of lined in editor window
Application descriptionPSPad editor is the universal editor, is for you if you need to work with plain text - it has a wealth of formatting f...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as PSPad DB Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function