Ultimate++ is a radical and innovative GUI toolkit whose number one priority is programmer productivity.
C++ is a great programming language but C++ programmers are sometimes hampered by the lack of effective libraries.
Ultimate++ is specially designed to be a C++ cross-platform rapid application development suite. It includes a set of libraries (GUI, SQL, etc..), and an integrated development environment.
Rapid development is achieved by the smart and aggressive use of C++ rather than through fancy code generators. In this respect, U++ competes with popular scripting languages while preserving C/C++ runtime characteristics.
The U++ integrated development environment, TheIDE, introduces modular concepts to C++ programming.
It features BLITZ-build technology to speedup C++ rebuilds up to 4 times, Visual designers for U++ libraries, Topic++ system for documenting code and creating rich text resources for applications (like help and code documentation) and Assist++ - a powerful C++ code analyzer that provides features like code completion, navigation and transformation.
TheIDE can work with GCC, MinGW and Visual C++ 7.1 or 8.0 compilers (including free Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 and Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition) and contains a full featured debugger. TheIDE can also be used to develop non-U++ applications.
U++ distributions combine U++ with 3rd party tools like MinGW compiler or SDL library to provide an instant development platform.
Here are some key features of "Ultimate++":
· Ultimate++ is a useful and effective C++ library for cross-platform development in source form.
· A good integrated development environment, designed for developing large C++ applications.
· Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· String class has been further optimized for improved Cat performance.
· Id class was refactored to better support multithreaded programming.
· STATIC_ASSERT introduced for compile-time checks.
· TCP/IP and HTTP was refactored and integrated into Core, providing new TcpSocket, IpAddrInfo, HttpHeader and HttpRequest classed (effectively obsoleting Web package).
· Value was refactored and optimized, now using small value optimization technique.
· Value got Xmlize (conversion to/from XML) and Jsonize (conversion to/from JSON) support.
· Date now has operator++/--.
· Exit is now equivalent of C exit function, implemented using exception trow to *_APP_MAIN and C++ friendly.
· Thread now has AtExit support.
· ini parameters now can be optionally encapsulated using INI_* helpers.
· Sort algorithm was refactored, works about 10% faster.
· LOGHEX and DUMPHEX logging macros provided for logging Strings in hexadecimal form.
· LoadFromJsonFile and StoreToJsonFile jsonize object from/to files.
· Of' method, use...