The Windows Presentation Foundation, WPF, provides a unified framework for building applications and high-fidelity experiences in Windows Vista that blend application UI, documents, and media content.
WPF offers developers 2D and 3D graphics support, hardware-accelerated effects, scalability to different form factors, interactive data visualization, and superior content readability.
The WPF Toolkit provides a collection of WPF features and components that are being made available outside of the normal .NET Framework ship cycle. The WPF Toolkit not only allows users to get new functionality more quickly, but allows an efficient means for giving feedback to the product team.
· NET Framework 3.5 SP1
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· What's new in the WPF Toolkit February 2010 Release?
· Bug fixes
Bug fixes for common issues, including:
· DataGrid - Templating, multiple selection, runtime sorting, etc.
· Calendar/DatePicker - Styling, default values, focus related issues, etc.
· VSM - Generated transitions
· UI Automation - Mostly DataGrid UI automation fixes and a few for Calendar/DatePicker
· Also new in the February release, we are introducing the concept of Quality Bands to rate the quality of the controls and features in the release.
· Components in the Stable Quality Band
· Components in the Preview Quality Band
· Chart Controls