Softpedia Editor's Review for DWG TrueView
View DWG and DXF files with this tool.
Written by Mihaela Citea on October 10th, 2012
As its name implies, DWG TrueView is an application that you can use to view DWG and DXF files, natively supported by the CAD packages. It can display the model just like AutoCAD, allowing you to view it in 3D and use the available tools to plot or convert files to other formats.
Built on the same engine as AutoCAD, the program comes with a well-organized interface that embraces the ribbon model, providing users with easy access to all its features.
DWG TrueView features advanced navigation tools, so you can analyze the model from every angle. With its powerful 3D viewing engine, the layer manager and the advanced zoom tool, the application becomes a must-have utility for any designer, engineer or architect.
The software can be used to perform different calculations regarding the objects in your model. For instance, you can measure distances, radius, angles, areas and volumes. In addition, it allows you to locate certain points, obtain object properties or snap to precise locations when using measure commands.
With DWG TrueView, you can open multiple drawings at the same time and display them side-by-side, which comes in handy if you want to compare two models. Furthermore, the 'SlowMotion' feature can help you create and play 3D animations that you can use in presentations.
Another feature worth mentioning is the DWG converter, which you can use to batch export your drawings to other formats, in order to make them compatible with older AutoCAD versions (2000, 2004, 2007 and 2010). For repetitive conversions, the conversion settings and the list of input files can be saved to your computer.
Also, the program can help you plot your drawings on paper, create paper or electronic drawing sets or export files to various formats (DWF, DWFx or PDF are supported) that you can open with third party software.
In conclusion, DWG TrueView proves to be a handy tool for viewing, publishing and converting DWG files. Its similarity with AutoCAD, together with the advanced navigation and measurement features makes it worth trying.
DWG TrueView description
Here are some key features of "DWG TrueView":
· Share AutoCAD drawings easily and accurately.
Convert drawings to other AutoCAD versions:
· Use the included DWG TrueConvert DWG version converter to convert drawings in newer versions of AutoCAD to older versions, and vice versa.
· Take accurate distance and area measurements.
Integrate with Autodesk Design Review:
· View and plot DWG and DXF files, then publish as DWF files for quick, easy review and markup in Autodesk Design Review.
Work with AutoCAD files:
· Get support for files created from the most current AutoCAD DWG file format.
· CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 with SSE2 technology; AMD Opteron with SSE2 technology; Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support & SSE2 technology; Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support & SSE2 technology
· Memory: 1 GB RAM
· Hard Disk: 900 MB for installation
· Display Resolution: 1,024 x 768 VGA with True Color
· Microsoft DirectX preinstalled
· NET Framework Version 4.0