Softpedia in association with ElcomSoft offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy Advanced Archive Password Recovery with a 50% discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the Buy Now button; you'll surely notice the discount has been activated. No coupons, no codes, no questions, no hassle! Get it now, while it's hot!
Softpedia Editor's Review for Advanced Archive Password Recovery [DISCOUNT: 50% OFF!]
Recovers passwords for RAR/WinRAR archives
Written by Elena Opris on October 3rd, 2012
Advanced Archive Password Recovery aims to decrypt password secured archive formats. It can process a wide array of archive types produced with popular software such as WinRAR or WinZip.
Advanced Archive Password Recovery features a compact and intuitive interface populated with a great deal of options and configurable decryption algorithms. It executes brute-force password attacks in order to recover the passwords.
You can choose the password characters (CAPS / small Latin, digits, symbols), set the password length and choose a dictionary. The more options you select, the longer the recovery process. During this process you can view the time elapsed, time remaining, and average speed.
Combinations are made in random order (because an alphabetical one would be just stupid), but the ETA tells the remaining time until the program goes through every single option.
During our tests, we tried a few password combinations. Most of them worked except for one case in which we inputted a four-letter word made from a small letter, a capital letter, a number, and a symbol. Needless to say the software took a long time to complete, and it wasn't successful. But it worked in all the other, simpler cases.
Another negative aspect of Advanced RAR Password Recovery is the fact that it doesn't alert you in any way when scanning finishes. It just sits quietly in the system tray, waiting to be clicked.
To conclude, Advanced Archive Password Recovery is a decent solution for RAR / ZIP decryption. The recovery process is long, but the results are satisfactory.
Advanced Archive Password Recovery [DISCOUNT: 50% OFF!] description
Here are some key features of "Advanced Archive Password Recovery [DISCOUNT: 50% OFF!]":
· ARPR has a convenient and easy to use user interface;
· ARPR works with one protected file at a time (multiple uses of ARPR is possible);
· all compression methods are supported;
· self-extracting archives are supported;
· you can select the custom character set for "brute-force" attack (non-English characters are supported);
· you can interrupt the program at any time. Resuming is supported;
· ARPR can work in the background, using the CPU only when it is in an idle state;
· About 6 megabytes of free space on hard disk
· About 260 megabytes of free memory to process RAR 2.9 and 3.x archives
· About 34 megabytes of free memory for ZIP known plaintext attack
· Passwords longer than 4 characters cannot be recovered some dictionary attack options are disabled
· Password from keys and Guaranteed WinZip Recovery attacks are not available
· In ZIP known-plaintext and guaranteed WinZip attacks:
· the decryption keys are not shown, and only the first file from an archive can be decrypted
· Attack cannot be resumed