Softpedia Editor's Review for Win KeyFinder
Easily retrieve your product key
Written by Bogdan Popa on December 20th, 2011
The installation of paid software usually requires a registration key. This is the case for every Windows installation. And you want to make sure taht you always have the product key at hand. Otherwise, you just can't continue the operation you currently undergo and that's where it stops. And because it's better to be safe than sorry, the software developers have a cure to this distinct and bothering problem.
Win KeyFinder is a tiny utility that’s supposed to do just what its name suggests: find the key of your genuine Windows copy. This key is usually encrypted and stored in the Windows registry, so it’s pretty difficult to get your hands on it in case you’re not a power user.
Win KeyFinder however makes the whole job a lot easier. The software comes as an executable, so there’s not much to do. Just download the file, double click it and you’re ready to go. All the information is displayed into a nice and clean yet basic interface.
The product key will be displayed in the main window where you also have the option to copy, save, print, encrypt or change the key. As a bonus, you also get some extra info, including the service pack currently installed on the computer, the owner name and the product ID, and all of these details can be changed with a single click.
With Win KeyFinder you can also find the product key for your Microsoft Office package and, for a bit more security, you can encrypt it so nobody can see it. It is compatible with almost every Windows platform, regardless the edition (starting with Windows 98) and we had absolutely no problem when trying to launch it on the aforementioned systems.
The bottom line: Win KeyFinder is a simple tool that does a simple task - show you the Windows product key. Nice and easy.
Win KeyFinder description
Here are some key features of "Win KeyFinder":
· View/change XP Key
· View Windows 7, Windows Vista 32bit and 64 bit Product/CD Keys
· View/Change MS office Key
· View Win98 Key
· view Win2000 Key
· View .Net Key
· View Win2003 Key
· Check Activation Status (WinXP) / Coming soon Win 7/Vista
· Save Your Product Key By Encrypting It
· Generate Unique Passwords By Entering your Combination of KeyCode
· Support for MS Office 2007 and 2010 32 bit OS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Activation after a clean format problem has been solved now You can take backup of your Windows XP activation .
· Save your product keys more securely by encrypting them before they are saved so that it ads an extra layer protection on saved keys on your computer.