BCArchive software you may encrypt and compress a group of files/folders
to an encrypted archive (i.e. single file).
With BCArchive you may store all you confidential files in archives that will allow you to access them whenever you need. All of your files are being encrypted and therefore protected against unauthorized access.
You may create self-extracted program containing encrypted archive and e-mail it to your friend. He/she will receive this archive and can read your files, either via knowing correct password or via using public/secret key technology.
All already generated public and secret keys used in other programs can be also used in BCArchive to create encrypted archive and e-mail it to desired recipient.
BCArchive uses strong symmetric encryption algorithms such as Blowfish, IDEA, Triple-DES, CAST5; secure hash algorithms: SHA-1, MD5, RIPEMD-160; asymmetric (public/secret key) algorithms such as RSA, ELGamal/Diffie-Hellman; conforms to specifications PKCS #5, PKCS #12, X.509.
BCArchive is convenient software product providing you with strongest encryption technology and ability for efficient management of sensitive data.
Main function of the BCArchive is to provide the user with a tool for compressing and encrypting files and/or folders to a single archive file.
From one hand, BCArchive provides a number of ways to create such an archive file and put sensitive data into it, including Windows shell extension commands and support of drag-and-drop operations. From the other hand, BCArchive utilizes strong and proven encryption algorithms and standards to provide high security level for the data stored inside the compressed files.
BCArchive utilizes the following encryption algorithms, standards and specifications:
· Symmetric algorithms: Blowfish, IDEA, Triple-DES and CAST5.
· Secure Hash Algorithms: SHA-1, MD5 and RIPEMD-160.
· Asymmetric (public/secret key pair) algorithms: RSA, ElGamal / Diffie-Hellman.
· Specifications for public/secret key pair format: PKCS #12, X.509.
· PKCS #5 (recommendations for the implementation of password-based cryptography).
· RFC 2440 specifications for session keys encrypted by symmetric or public key encryption algorithms.
Here are some key features of "BCArchive":
· Create compressed and encrypted archive file protected by password.
· Create compressed and encrypted archive file encrypted by public key of another user.
· Add a number of passwords to existing archive file.
· Add a number of public keys to existing archive file so that a number of users can decrypt the archive.
· Generate new or use existing secret/public key pairs in PKCS-12/X.509 format.
· Compress and encrypt data to self-extracted executable program. The user can run the program on computer where BCArchive is not installed and get the data extracted.
· Minimum 7 MBytes of free HDD space to install and run the BCArchive software.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed an error when modifying an archive that was opened in read-only mode.