Sophos Free Encryption 22.214.171.124
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Sophos Free Encryption 2.40.0:
- Full support of Windows 7 and support of 64 bit operating systems.
- New password strength indicator that visually informs the user about the security of the chosen password.
- Rebranded to Sophos style. “Sophos Free Encryption” replaces the unlicensed version of SafeGuard PrivateCrypto. SafeGuard PrivateCrypto is the commercially supported version of “Sophos Free Encryption”.
- Performance improvements when creating self-extracting archives.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 2 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Sophos Plc
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Security \ Encrypting
The interface of the program is based on a standard window with an intuitive layout, where you can add files into the secured environment using either the file browser, folder view or "drag and drop" method. You can add as many items as you want.
In order to encrypt data, you have to specify a target for the archive with the Sophos Free Encryption format (UTI), and assign a password to it. Alternatively, you can apply a key file as a dependency.
A few options are available for the encryption process. Therefore, you can create self-extracting executable files, securely delete the original items after encryption, compress data and save passwords in a history list.
Furthermore, you can use the default email client to send the encrypted archives via email after the process is done, as well as change the default file path to the passwords history list.
Sophos Free Encryption carries out a task rapidly and without errors, while using a low-to-moderate quantity of CPU and system memory, thus it does not affect the computer's overall performance. We haven't come across any difficulties in our tests, since the tool did not hang or crash.
Although it has not been updated for a pretty long time, Sophos Free Encryption offers users a simple alternative to secure their files, by turning them into encrypted archives.
Sophos Free Encryption was reviewed by Elena Opris, last updated on June 14th, 2013
Runs on: Windows 2K / XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit