Norton Security 2015 220.127.116.11
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Norton Security 2015 18.104.22.168 Beta:
- Security is moving to the cloud, resulting in reduced on-disk definition size and real-time access to the Symantec Global Intelligence Network
- The company’s multi-layered approach to security is upgraded at every level to better protect against threats that go beyond the scope of basic antivirus
- New look and feel make it easy for users to access product features and manage protection across devices including laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Options to securely back up precious photos, movies and memories on the PC to a user’s choice of location – online or to an external hard drive – offer peace of mind that information is protected if a PC is lost or stolen
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 110 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Antivirus
PART OF: Parental Controls download hub ( + 20 others )see alternatives
Other products that are on sale:
· 37% OFF Norton Security - 2 year subscription – Canada
· 20% OFF Norton Small Business (1-year subscription for up to 5 devices)
· 20% OFF Norton Small Business (1 year) – Canada
· 20% OFF Norton Small Business (1 year) – Canada (French)
You can also take advantage of the following localized offers:
· 30% OFF Norton Security - Argentina
· 30% OFF Norton Security - Brazil
· 30% OFF Norton Security (2-year subscription) - Brazil
· 25% OFF Norton Security - Belgium (Dutch)
· 25% OFF Norton Security - Belgium (French)
· 25% OFF Norton Security (5 computers) - Belgium (French)
· 30% OFF Norton Security - Chile
· 30% OFF Norton Security - Colombia
· 25% OFF Norton Security - Czech Republic
· 25% OFF Norton Security (5 computers) - Italy
· 30% OFF Norton Security - Mexico
· 30% OFF Norton Security (2-year subscription) - Mexico
· 25% OFF Norton Security - Netherlands
· 25% OFF Norton Security (5 devices) - Netherlands
· 30% OFF Norton Security - Peru
· 30% OFF Norton Security - Puerto Rico
· 25% OFF Norton Security (5 computers) - Portugal
· 30% OFF Norton Security - Spain
· 25% OFF Norton Security (5 devices) - Spain
· 30% OFF Norton Security - Venezuela
Norton Security represents Symantec's next step in terms of PC safety and malware prevention. It is a different product than Norton Internet Security, as Norton Security offers multi-device protection and secure backup features. For those unfamiliarized with Norton, the software utility is designed to prevent, identify and remove files infected with viruses, Trojans, worms, rootkits and other kinds of malicious traces, in addition to some safety measures concerning online navigation.
Installation and interfaceSetting up Security should be a fast and painless task to any user, since the tool is not flexible when it comes to handpicking the components; everything is installed by default.
Sharing its look with Norton AntiVirus, Security's interface is mostly user-friendly, although some of its options could have been better put together. Most security modules can be activated and deactivated with one click, as well as configured in detailed by advanced users. Terminology could be an issue in some cases, since Norton adopts unique names to describe proprietary technologies.
Scanning configuration for in-depth examinationSettings may be customized in detail for Norton Security by defining the scanning scope, such as compressed files, rootkits and stealth items, network drives, heuristics protection, low-risk threats, tracking cookies, scan scheduler, file and virus signature exclusions, and so on.
The real-time protection module has all components turned on by default. Norton is able to prevent spyware from infiltrating into the system while keeping an eye out for suspicious removable media devices and network locations. It can also scan Windows autostart entries at every boot sequence and hide notifications to let users carry on with normal PC activity without any intrusions.
Protection modules designed for the network and webAll traffic between the computer and other systems can be temporarily blocked, while intrusion signatures can be customized to give passes to any items. The application monitors incoming and outgoing messages in email clients, and also features a personal firewall for network traffic, apps with tailored Internet access rules, and so on.
Online navigation is ensured by Norton, since it oversees web addresses and notifies users on malware-infected or suspicious links. It also keeps track of downloaded files and includes an identity safe to hold all confidential data in one place (e.g. autofill forms, credit card info). What's more, users are protected from phishing websites whose purpose is to steal transactional data.
Performance and conclusionThanks to the cloud technology used, Norton Security finishes scan jobs faster than many other av products. It is mostly successful concerning identified and removed malware files, and regularly receives virus definition updates. CPU and RAM consumption is generally low. Although less experienced users are likely to get lost in translation when trying to figure our each features, advanced ones will probably find Norton Security worthwhile.
Norton Security was reviewed by Elena Opris, last updated on November 27th, 2014
Runs on: Windows XP / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit
feature list requirements limitations