Softpedia Editor's Review for SecurityKISS Tunnel
Data security to help you with your work.
Written by Andreea Matei on June 5th, 2013
SecurityKISS Tunnel is a privacy protection software designed to ensure anonymity while browsing the web. It redirects all the traffic via a secure gateway, encrypting your personal data and keeping it away from prying eyes.
SecurityKISS Tunnel is an implementation of a Virtual Private Network (VPN), creating an impenetrable bridge between your computer and the dedicated gateway. It makes all connections anonymous, which translates into the removal of all restrictions related to region and such.
Put another way, SecurityKISS Tunnel is a two-purpose program. On one hand, it encrypts the traffic so that browsing tracking is prevented and provides access to services that are blocked in your area, on the other hand.
Relying on a simple, yet user-friendly interface, the application immediately detects your IP address (both internal and external) and allows you to connect to one of the available VPN proxy servers.
SecurityKISS Tunnel makes use of various gateways from all over the world, which you can manually select, if you’re not satisfied with the current one. Each of the servers is able to connect via UDP or TCP protocols on various ports and are (optionally) torrent enabled (preserves anonymity inside torrent networks).
Once you are connected to one of these proxies, you can rest assured that all your traffic is routed properly through the VPN and is not visible to anyone. Restoring the default network settings can be done by pressing the ‘Disconnect’ button.
To conclude, if you’re looking for a reliable VPN solution that keeps you off the radar while browsing the web, SecurityKISS Tunnel would be a wise choice. Whether you want to protect your web credentials or to prevent tracking or to access services that are not available in your region, this application will accomplish all of those at the same time.
SecurityKISS Tunnel description
· The limit is imposed on volume of traffic per day
· The unregistered version does not provide you with a dedicated IP address
· You don't have access to dedicated servers
· You cannot use SSH, FTP, RDP, Telnet and other transfer protocols
· You cannot secure email clients access, games support, VoIP and video chats, music and video streams
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Move Geolocation, Feedback and Buy buttons to the main application window
· Add server load button - available without logging on to the panel
· Usage meter security improvements
· Easy server selection without Apply button
· Locally caching graphics from welcome message
· Detecting conflicts with LogMeIn Hamachi software
· New dynamic columns on the server list
· Fixed the missing flags problem