Softpedia Editor's Review for ESET Smart Security [DISCOUNT: 20% OFF!]
A complete solution in the field of computer protection against infiltrations and attacks
Written by Bogdan Popa on April 4th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for ESET Smart Security [DISCOUNT: 20% OFF!]
Softpedia in association with Eset offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy ESET Smart Security with a 20% discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the Buy Now button and use the TAX2013 coupon. Get it now, while it's hot!
ESET has already proved its strong powers through the antivirus solution it has developed, and the company wants to continue this success with an even more advanced tool.
Called Smart Security, this new product is just more than a simple antivirus, it’s a whole suite of utilities supposed not only to defend the computer in front of infections, but also to block spam, remote attacks and any other type of threat that might put your precious data at risk.
Unlike most security software, ESET Smart Security does not require you to restart your computer in order to be fully protected. Right after this, you’ll discover an incredibly complex application that can be used very simple though.
A pretty nice and clean interface that can be controlled without too much effort, as every single utility has been specifically configured to work properly without the need of user’s intervention. Still, if you want to bring your very own touches to the way the security solution works, you can always choose the advanced mode that leads you to a whole new world of options.
The ace up its sleeve is definitely the way it works. Either you’re running a computer scan, a definition update or just browsing through menus, ESET Smart Security is incredibly friendly with hardware resources. It informs the user every time there’s something dangerous around and can obviously ask for his intervention when it needs it.
ESET Smart Security gets right beneath your computer's skin and wraps itself around, providing a protective layer through its implemented antimalware technologies. These include Real-time file system protection, HIPS (Host-based Intrusion Prevention System), Gamer mode or Personal Firewall. It also packs Web and email protection as well as Parental control capabilities.
The suite comes with a toolbox that bundles a set of truly essential instruments from Scheduler and Quarantine to ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue. All of these provide the much needed extra reliability of the software as a whole.
ESET Smart Security really impresses from most point of views. Its sturdy backbone developed by threat protection experts in many years has reached a new level of intrusion detection and pro-active defense. The combined powers of the suite create a top-notch and fluid experience in a computer world that is constantly under attack.
ESET Smart Security [DISCOUNT: 20% OFF!] description
Here are some key features of "ESET Smart Security [DISCOUNT: 20% OFF!]":
· Threats don't always enter in ways you expect. ESET Smart Security inspects SSL-encrypted communication channels like HTTPS and POP3S, and intelligently scans compressed files to find threats that other products miss. ESET's Smart Optimization feature makes file scanning faster than ever.
· New Learning Mode saves time by automatically creating firewall rules by observing how end users use the network, while offering advanced firewall modes for power users. Pair customized firewall profiles with trusted network zones and have appropriate firewall rules applied automatically based on detected network presence.
Trusted Zone Authentication:
· Identify trusted network zones by network configurations (a configurable combination of host/DNS/DHCP server IP address, wireless SSID, connection profile, etc) or securely authenticate into a network using ESET Authentication Server.
· ESET Smart Security now takes care of annoying spam with a smaller, faster, and even more effective spam filter.
Removable Media Security:
· Threats can enter your PC from removable media such as USB thumb drives. For self-running media, ESET Smart Security scans autorun.inf and associated files when the medium is inserted, in addition to scanning any file on any removable device when it is accessed, or during a full-scan of the media.
· ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue simplify diagnosing and cleaning of infected systems by allowing deep scans of system processes to find hidden threats, and creating bootable rescue CD/DVD or USB drives to help you repair an infected computer.
· ESET Smart Security has built-in technology to prevent malicious software from corrupting or disabling it, so you can rest assured your system is always protected.
· Microsoft Windows XP:
· 400 MHz 32-bit (x86)/ 64-bit (x64)
· 128MB RAM of system memory
· 320 MB available space
· Super VGA (800 x 600)
· Microsoft Windows 8, 7, Vista, Home Server:
· 1 GHz 32-bit (x86)/ 64-bit (x64)
· 512MB RAM of system memory
· 320 MB available space
· 30-day trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix: Resolved issue with activation in specific countries
· Fix: Resolved issue with product icons in virtual machines