Softpedia Editor's Review for ExtremeCopy
Copy your files extremely fast and simple and powerful
Written by Bogdan Popa on August 22nd, 2012
ExtremeCopy is a file copying solution that promises to increase transfer speed by up to 120 percent.
It does sound impressive, that's true, but this also depends on your hard-disk speed and the number of files you copy. ExtremeCopy however comprises some very helpful features that aren't available in the standard Windows copying utility.
Once installed, you can simply copy the files just like you usually do in Windows Explorer, with the only difference represented by the pasting action. ExtremeCopy renames the standard Windows paste entry in the Context Menu to “Windows Paste”, while it uses the regular “Paste” option.
This means that hitting “Paste” starts the copying process handled by ExtremeCopy and brings up a dialog that shows the copied file, destination, a progress bar, speed, elapsed and remaining time. What's more, you can pause the process and skip the currently copied file.
There are some important options available too, so you can configure the sound to be played whenever the copying task comes to an end, adjust the copy data buffer size and decide the action to be performed when a file with the same name already exists in the destination folder.
ExtremeCopy truly increases download speed and the way it interacts with the user is pretty helpful because you don't have to launch a new window to handle file transfers. Additionally, the app works flawlessly on all Windows versions and doesn't ask for administrator privileges unless you want to use the Context Menu entries.
Overall, ExtremeCopy comprises a very interesting feature package and comes with a feature that really sets itself apart from the rest of the crowd. It's easy to use and bundles the essential options to appeal to both rookies and more experienced users.
Here are some key features of "ExtremeCopy":
· ExtremeCopy is a utility which copy and move files extremely fast, it will auto optimize speed and resource base on target physical machine,so it will as fast as possible, especially copy big files, it can increase 20% ~ 120% speed up than Windows copy handle.
· It's no need fully copy/move the whole task again if encounter one of files copy fail, ExtremeCopy just pause and tell you the problem occure and will not exit task until you choose to close this task. Once the problem fixed, you just only click 'Continue' button so that ExtremeCopy will copy task from this break point.
· You can pause/resume copy process if you need. And remain time will be calculated and display exactly
· The operation of copy/move files as simple as Windows default copy handle, you no need to do anything once you installed ExtremeCopy which will replace Windows copy handle as default, it will intergrate into Windows Explorer, or if you don't want ExtremeCopy as default then changing this default setting in configuration also well. The User Interface looks simple and friendly.Also you can see more detail of copy data if choose non-simple UI
· Support multiple country languages of file name in order to keep original language text of file name
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added queue for multiple tasks running in the same time if operate same storage
· Added bug report feature once ExtremeCopy crash
· Added auto check latest version
· More options in configuration
· Fixed some bugs