Softpedia Editor's Review for Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics
Test, repair errors, write zeros and print results of diagnostics to an WD drive.
Written by Olivian Puha on April 24th, 2013
Fixing hard drive problems and preventing data loss that may be caused by bad sectors or other types of errors requires some knowledge in the area and, also, some dedicated tools. The prevention and repairing tasks for WD devices can be handled through a suite of utilities called Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics.
The main goal of this software is to help avoid HDD failures or at least minimize the damage and give the user the possibility to mend any mishaps. The error detection component of Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics is doubled by a repair function that can single out the issues and fix them before they spread and affect the device extensively.
The actual operation of the hard drive is monitored thanks to the S.M.A.R.T. Feature. It is most useful for predicting disk faults as well as for avoiding losing data. A great addition to the Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics toolset is the ability to safely park the HDD heads (protective head parking) in the eventuality of functioning failure of other components of the PC.
Other functions included in Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics allow for extra protection from overheating or excessive humidity, thanks to the filters that make sure the drive stays within functional parameters at all times.
There are more tasks that one can carry out wit the help of the bundled tools. Thus, you will be able to format a new drive and create the partitions you want, as well as copy the entire contents of a HDD to another one.
All in all, Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics is indeed a powerful suite of applications and the components that are bundled in the package will make sure your hard drive remains healthy and error-free for a long time.
Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics description
Here are some key features of "Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics":
Data Lifeguard Hardware Features:
· Embedded error detection and repair features that automatically detect, isolate and repair problem areas that may develop over the extended use of the hard drive.
· S.M.A.R.T. monitors hard drive operation to predict errors before data loss occurs.
· Protective head parking is an exclusive new feature that adds another layer of protection to auto park by safely parking the heads even if other system components lose functionality.
· Environmental protection filters offer added protection to the inside of the hard drive from humidity, temperature and contamination.
Data Lifeguard Tools Software Utilities:
· Easily partitions and formats the new hard drive.
· Overcomes operating system and BIOS limitations.
· Quickly and safely copies the contents of the existing hard drive onto the new hard drive.
· Tests drive for Ultra ATA compatibility.
· Can quickly diagnose and repair many drive problems that may arise.
· Western Digital hard drive