Lightweight and easy to use
Unlocker is a very light software solution that helps rename, move or delete locked files with a single click and through a very simple yet efficient interface.
When it comes to interface, Unlocker's is quite basic, but this is all one needs when trying to perform such an operation. The app also comes with an Assistant that sits quietly in the System Tray and opens the main window when one double-clicks its icon.
Getting the job done no matter what
Basically, the software adds an entry within the context menu of Windows Explorer, and it can be launched whenever a file triggers the aforementioned error messages, and the app unlocks all the processes that are accessing it. If this is not possible, it performs the requested task after computer reboot.
Compatible with most operating systems
Unlocker is currently supported by the latest Windows editions, including the 64bit ones, thus offering aid to a large public. However, take caution when going through the setup process, as you might end up with a different default search engine and unwanted applications installed as well.
To end with
The conclusion is as simple as it gets: Unlocker is a must-have tool on all Windows workstations. Millions of Windows users are stuck with locked files every day, so Unlocker should be given at least a try. It is free and the performance of the host computer is not affected by running this software, quite on the contrary.
Reviewed by Bogdan Popa on July 11th, 2014
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- Improved Installer: Universal installer for both 32 and 64 bit machines
- Fixed Bug: Fixed small memory and behavior bugs
- Promotional feature: Fully optional Delta toolbar
Application descriptionUnlocker application was designed to be a very useful Windows Explorer extension allowing users with a simple right-cl...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function