Softpedia Editor's Review for Throttle [ DISCOUNT: 20% OFF! ]
Allows you to modify your modem settings to improve performance
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 20th, 2013
Softpedia in association with PGWARE offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy Throttle with a 20% discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the Buy Now button; you'll surely notice, the discount has been activated. No coupons, no codes, no questions, no hassle! Get it now, while it's hot!
It's no secret that many users dream about a faster Internet connection, so every single software solution that sees daylight and claims it could do that is much desired.
Throttle is one of the names that may impress you, promising to optimize the operating system so that your modem will perform faster and bring you a boost in speed when online.
The application has been designed to be used by all types of users, be they absolute beginners or not, so the interface is quite basic, with no complicated options.
There are only three settings available, so a few clicks should get the job done. You're thus prompted to pick the operating system you're using, choose the modem type and the speed setting.
There are multiple modem types available, including generic ones, so don't worry if you don't know for sure which kind of modem you own. There are even specific settings for cable modem, ISDN modem, satellite modem or Local Area Connection, so you won't get yourself in trouble when using Throttle.
In case you still find it hard to get use to, have a look in the help file. The developer has included a detailed help manual to guide you all the time, so beginners should definitely have a look in there too.
The good thing about Throttle is the fact that it remains a simple tool at all times. Just three clicks are enough to optimize the settings and let the app check memory allocation to modem, optimize DNS lookup, modify TTL settings, increase HTTP request limit and change network bandwidth allowance.
Overall, Throttle is a tool to try if you want a faster Internet connection as it just might prove to be efficient.
Throttle [ DISCOUNT: 20% OFF! ] description
Here are some key features of "Throttle [ DISCOUNT: 20% OFF! ]":
· Makes direct changes to system registry and system files to enhance internet download and upload speeds.
· Automatically adjusts settings and changes made based on computer and modem specifications, complete fault tolerance system implemented.
· Compatible with all modem types - Dial-up, DSL, ADSL, Cable, ISDN, and Satellite internet connections.
· Enhances both internet transfer speeds as well as local area network speeds.
· Easy and intuitive user interface which performs all setting changes immediately.
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 or higher
· Intel Pentium 90 MHz or higher (P 166 MHz recommended)
· 8 Mb RAM (32 Mb recommended)
· 5 Mb hard disk space
· VGA or higher resolution monitor
· Mouse or other pointing device
· The "Maximum Boost" setting is not available in the unregistered version
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added new language and locale detection, splitting files across disks and changed compression within the installer as memory errors were reported by some users.