| User Rating:
Dial-Up & Acceleration of DSL & ISDN w. Traffic Shaping + optimizes Ping
Internet Acceleration - Surf the Web faster with Traffic Shaping. Get nice ping times for games, voice over IP and file-sharing. cFos will provide more than 50 modem commands and 100 registers for optimal configuration.
Here are some key features of "cFos":
- COM Port Emulator:
- cFos allows application for serial ports to be used with ISDN and DSL.
- Dialer Protection:
- Protect yourself against expensive dialers! cFos can block certain prefixes or warn you when they are being dialed.
- A small firewall (packet filter) as a first defense against simple attacks from the Net. No substitute for a full-fledged firewall - but definitely a good start!
- Budget Management:
- cFos offers an easy, convenient way of managing free time and data volume online. It tracks and displays how many free hours, minutes or megabytes you have remaining. This lets you make the most of the free time or volume you get from your Internet provider.
- Channel Bundling:
- You can configure cFos for multiple COM ports. This will allow simultaneous data transfer through multiple channels by using Multilink PPP for your dial-up network connections.
- Call Monitor:
- If you use the "-L4" parameter, cFos will monitor and display all incoming calls. In addition, a LOGFILE.TXT is created and written to disk if you enter "-L1, -L2" or "-L3." Your local area code can be turned off by adding "-h=."
- But the Call Monitor can do so much more! For instance, you could have incoming calls trigger sounds and launch programs (see also cfini_e.htm).
- Skins Display connection status and parameters as animated skins! The Call Monitor and all COM ports each get their own window, which is opened and closed as needed by cFos.
- Time Synchronization:
- By adding "-jt" as a parameter, you can have cFos keep your computer automatically synchronized with ISDN time, which ensures your PC clock always runs the correct time.
- Save Money:
- If you enter "ATS19=n," cFos will close the connection after n minutes of inactivity. Adding "S74.0=1" will disconnect you only when your current charge unit is over, which ensures your units are used with maximum efficiency and at the lowest cost to you.
- Data Compression:
- cFos data compression can be activated (cFos to cFos) with the "-43b" parameter and the "AT&K1" command. If your CAPI driver supports CAPI-V.42bis data compression, it can be enabled using the "AT&Q1" command.
- Incoming Calls The "ATS10.9=1" command allows cFos to react to incoming calls by generating a ringing signal through the speaker (cFos/Win). If you copy the CFRING.WAV file into the cFos directory, you can choose from a selection of WAV sounds to be played instead.
- Analogue Modem Support cFos supports CAPI modem emulation. If the CAPI driver of the ISDN card includes this functionality, cFos is capable of calling analogue modems as well as handling incoming analogue calls.
- X.31 Data transfer through the ISDN D-channel.
- cFos/ATM Special:
- cFos version for ATM-based broadband networks.
- Modem Commands:
- The file modem.txt lists all cFos modem commands. In addition, you will find fine-tuning instructions there. For example, "ATS70=12" lets you track actual cost instead of charge units on the status window. You can also suppress broadcast of your ISDN phone number by entering "S73."
- TCP SYNs were not properly prioritized. Fixed
- Uploads do now slow down downloads less than before
- Fixed behaviour of overlapping active areas in skins. Now the topmost one
- catches the mouse click
- When no rule matches and no class has yet been set for a connection the class
- is set to default. This partially reverts the change from build 3133