Auslogics Registry Cleaner 188.8.131.52
Ad-riddled installation and well-organized layout
It is important to keep your eyes peeled during the setup process, as it offers you to download some third-party software. The interface you are met with is plain and simple, as it only consists of a menu bar, a few buttons, a panel in which to display detected results and another one which lets you select the items to be scanned.
Extensive Help contents are provided and thus, all types of users, including those less experienced, can find their way around it, without encountering any issues.
Types of entries you can choose
With this application, you can select the parts of the registry you want to scan with just a few clicks and initiate the task. As a result, you can verify file associations and extensions, fonts, installed software, startup items, history lists and application events.
Moreover, you can check shortcuts, the firewall, Internet connection, help files, COM and ActiveX items, shared DLLS, virtual devices and missing software.
View scan results and choose how to handle them
After the scanning job is done, results are going to be displayed in the main window, along with information such as total number of problems, severity level and category of each entry.
It is possible to select all or only a few items, repair them (optionally set Auslogics Registry Cleaner to backup changes), move them to the ignore list or copy them to Clipboard, as well as open an entry in Registry Editor.
From the settings panel, you can easily set the tool to check references to CD/DVD and other removable drives, view the ignore list, change the interface language, and more.
A last assessment
The registry cleaner uses a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, quickly scans the registry keys and repairs items without causing any problems. No errors have occurred during our tests and the tool did not freeze or crash.
All in all, Auslogics Registry Cleaner is a very good program for scanning and fixing registry keys and we strongly recommend it to all users.
Reviewed by Madalina Boboc on August 11th, 2014
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- added new search feature that allows scanning the whole registry for a specific key or entry with further removal of that key at a click of a button. This feature will be very useful to those who are trying to clean the registry from remnants of previously uninstalled software, whose leftover entries could not be removed automatically;
- improved registry scanner through better algorithms for searching main scan categories for unwanted entries;
- improved program interface;
- fixed all known bugs;
Application descriptionRegistry errors often cause instability and slow computer performance. Auslogics Registry Cleaner is a comprehensive s...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function