Softpedia Editor's Review for Advanced SystemCare FREE
The most easy-to-use, intelligent and powerful next-generation system utility to repair your computer and let your Windows fly
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 14th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Advanced SystemCare FREE
Keeping your computer in top-notch shape requires some specialized software that can identify and fix existing problems and also take precautionary measures to prevent the occurrence of some of those issues.
Advanced SystemCare aims to fulfill the needs of users who need to have their systems optimized and running as fast as possible. This application is not only supposed to help fix Windows problems, but also to tweak the existing settings so that the operating system can load and work a lot quicker.
When installing this utility, you need to pay extra attention because the third-party software included in the setup may change the settings of your Internet browser. Once you get past this step, you will meet an eye-candy interface with modern elements that will guide you through the whole fixing and optimizing process.
The main window provides access to the main functions of the application, so that you can immediately initiate a 'Quick Care', a 'Deep Care', start a so-called 'Turbo Boost' or enter the Toolbox.
The two 'Care' parts have the power to heal your computer completely, but it's recommended to go for the more thorough one in order to spot any issue that might exist. Both of them run pretty fast, without putting a lot of stress on system resources, as we found out during our tests.
Clicking the 'Toolbox' icon will open a whole new dimension, as it holds modules for cleaning, optimizing and repairing Windows issues. Of course, each of them comes with a short description, so the user will definitely know what every function is all about.
Because power users will probably want to give their very own personal touch to the application, there's also a settings menu with all kinds of options, including one that concerns the overall look. Advanced SystemCare comes with theme support, and beside the ones already included in the app, you can also find more online.
All in all, Advanced SystemCare is a great helper if there's something wrong with your machine. It will find all the performance issues and fix them in a few moments, but make sure to perform regular scans if you want to keep the system firing on all cylinders at all times.
Advanced SystemCare FREE description
Here are some key features of "Advanced SystemCare FREE":
· Scan and remove spyware and adware with the latest definition
· Prevent spyware, hijackers and bad websites from being installed
· Erase the history of all activities in your computer
· Scan and fix invalid and improper registry entries
· Detect and remove invalid startup items
· Search and Clean up unused Windows garbage
· Repair system configurations, Eliminate System Bottlenecks and Prevent Crashes
· Tune up Windows to improve both system and Internet performance, unleash the power of your Windows
· Analyze and Show detailed information of hardware and Windows
· Finish all Work with one click, Super Easy to Use
· 1 GHz processor or faster processor
· 512 MB of RAM
· 100 MB of free hard disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved Malware Removal for safer protection
· Improved Surfing Protection for safer online surfing and searching
· Improved Internet Boost function for faster online experience
· Improved Registry Fix for more stable PC performance
· Improved Toolbox for faster and more stable PC maintenance
· Improved IObit Uninstaller for more powerful uninstalling, esp toolbar removing
· Improved AutoClean for smarter cleanning
· Improved compatibility with Windows 8
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function