Softpedia Editor's Review for AusLogics BoostSpeed
An utility that will speed up your computer and perform comprehensive diagnostics
Written by Bogdan Popa on January 19th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for AusLogics BoostSpeed
AusLogics BoostSpeed is an advanced software solution designed to optimize the operating system, solve errors and thus improve the overall performance of the computer.
With an eye candy and well organized interface, AusLogics BoostSpeed is addressed to beginners and more experienced users alike, although the look may seem a bit overwhelming at the first glance to rookies.
There are four different tabs in the main window, “System Scan”, “System Advisor”, “Resource Usage” and “Advanced Tools”, each offering various tools developed to increase computer speed.
The “System Scan” utility checks the system for registry errors that may affect stability, looks for junk files that take up disk space and slow down the system, fixes disk errors and searches for fragmented files. A full scan takes around 1 minute, with a moderate amount of resources needed in the process.
The “System Advisor” screen provides recommendations for your system, all of which are designed to boost computer speed. “Disable Administrative Share”, “Do not save Internet Explorer encrypted data to disk” and “Disable Certificate Propagation service” are just a few of the advices you may receive.
While the “Resource Usage” tool has a pretty self-explanatory name and shows CPU, RAM, disk and network usage, the “Advanced Tools” is the tab that opens a whole new dimension.
You can perform disk maintenance, free up space, uninstall apps, recover files, repair or defrag the registry, erase history or speed up Internet, all from a single tab.
On the good side, AusLogics BoostSpeed performs most of the tasks automatically and without slowing down the operating system, but on the other hand, some of the tools still need important updates. For example, the uninstaller does nothing more than to launch the built-in uninstaller of the selected app, so it doesn't seek and remove leftovers.
All in all, AusLogics BoostSpeed is still a good choice when it comes to boosting computer speed and it comes with dedicated tools for almost every single part of your system.
AusLogics BoostSpeed description
Here are some key features of "AusLogics BoostSpeed":
· Be notified when your system can be optimized;
· Improve Internet connection performance with Internet Optimization Wizard;
· Tweak every aspect of your Internet connection manually;
· View connections statistics, bytes sent/received and traffic by graph;
· Optimize Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Opera browser;
· Increase your Windows performance, optimize system memory;
· Optimize Microsoft Office components;
· Optimize ICQ, MSN Messenger, Outlook Express and Norton SystemWorks;
· Stop banner ads with Banner Killer;
· Check your system for possible optimizations in one go!
· CPU: Pentium 120 MHz
· RAM: 32 Mb (64 Mb recommended)
· HDD: 10 Mb (+5 Mb when using Live Update)
· 15 days trial
· The 'More Advice' function in 'Syatem Advisor' module is not available
· The 'File Recovery' function is not available
· All the 'Registry Maintenance' and 'Speed Up Internet' features are not available
· Cannot use the 'Erase History' function
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· fixed several bugs
· corrected errors in language files