Power8 is not only an app designed to revive the Start Menu for Windows 8 PCs, it also provides options for launching the screensaver, locking the computer, restarting or shutting it down.
Moreover, it ensures easy access to the installed software, while also offering users the possibility to pin the apps they use most frequently (to launch them faster in the future).
· .NET Framework 4.0 or 4.5
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [new] Complete key handling for recent list (P to (un-)pin an item, Right / Left arrow opens jump list; Recent list must be focused for these keys to operate). Now really all features of Power8 can be accessed without using of mouse;
· [changed] Enhanced performance of file system event watching (moved FS watching to deferred processing in dedicated thread);
· [changed] Replaced Main button logo again. No re-use of MS logo now;
· [fixed] Random exceptions in Recent list when you select items with mouse;
· [fixed] Random issue occuring when you try to launch an application via Recent list, and another app is launched instead;
· [fixed] Exception in MfuList in case object added to custom list earlier was deleted from system;
· [fixed] Exception in MfuList in case link object added to custom list earlier was corrupted (reported by Maxim Orlov);
· [fixed] Exception on WindowsXP on shutdown of Power8 (processes event watcher COM object was created in wrong thread);