Start Menu 8 is meant to help Windows 8 users operate their computer with greater ease by bringing back a fully functional Start Menu.
Moreover, after installing Start Menu 8, users can also choose to skip the Metro Screen so that their desktop is displayed when logging in to Windows.
· 1GHz processor or faster processor
· 1GB (32bit)/ 2GB (64bit) of RAM
· 16GB (32bit)/ 20GB (64bit) of free hard disk space
· DirectX9 graphics device with WDDM
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added user manual
· Added the option to press win key to open metro
· Added MetroApps and Settings interface in the right pane of the Start menu
· Added the option to display the number of recently used programs
· Added Start menu icons
· Optimized the style of Start menu buttons
· Optimized the response of Start button
· Fixed general bugs