StartW8 allows users to access their apps and folders with greater ease as it adds a fully-functional Start Menu to their Windows 8 computer. It adds a fully-functional start menu to Windows 8, while also enabling you to enjoy the modern start screen.
Users can easily search a specific file or program by entering a relevant keyword, or they can simply shut down their PC, reboot or switch users.
The start menu includes everything you need, from log off, lock and turn off buttons, Favorites section, a search box. You also have the possibility to skip the start screen and access the desktop directly.
Here are some key features of "StartW8":
· Switch to desktop immediately after signing in
· Adds the standard Windows Start menu to Windows 8
· Activate menu with Win key
· Start Menu with context menu
· Log off, lock and turn off buttons
· Standard search field
· Favourite section
· Fully configurable
· Support for silent installation
· Multilanguage support (18 languages)
· Option to ignore the lower left Hot corner
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Option to ignore Windows start screen button in the lower left corner.
· Option to open StartW8 Start menu using Windows key and Ctrl+Escape.
· Option to disable StartW8 Start menu for current user.
· 4 new translations included (Russian, Polish, Norwegian, Argentine Spanish).