Softpedia Editor's Review for Revo Uninstaller
An innovative uninstall utility with many additional cleaning tools included.
Written by Elena Opris on October 3rd, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Revo Uninstaller
Revo Uninstaller is a solution that outgrows the ‘Add or Remove’ feature of Windows’ control panel. It uninstalls programs, but also cleans additional leftovers from the computer’s registry.
Removing the software that you no longer need is crucial, since the footprint they leave on your system may affect its performance in a negative way. The standard uninstallation process erases the program, but leaves behind dome traces that clutter the registry, resulting in computer errors and slowdowns.
Revo Uninstaller achieves a total cleanup operation of all the software remnants. The steps it performs are the following: detects all the applications installed on your system, allowing you to choose the one to be removed; then, it offers users three uninstallation methods: Safe (very fast), Moderate (searches in the most common places for leftovers) and Advanced (the scan is thorough, but takes longer).
As soon as the scan process is over, the software displays a list of all the detected remnants and allows you to choose which ones should be deleted. Please note that sometimes a reboot is required for all the files to be removed.
In addition to its basic purpose, Revo Uninstaller features extra tools that mostly serve for tweaking your system. The Autorun Manager allows you to manage the items that load at system boot, while the Tracks Cleaner is a safe way to clean the history from your browser or from your Office suite.
Hunter mode enables the whole application to minimize to taskbar, while a sign that resembles "target practice" appears. Drag and drop it to any open window, and you are provided with options to uninstall the respective program, stop auto start, kill or delete the process.
In conclusion, Revo Uninstaller is what you need in order to get rid of leftovers that would take a great deal of time to clean manually. For advanced features, take a look at Revo Uninstaller Pro.
Revo Uninstaller description
Here are some key features of "Revo Uninstaller":
· Revo Uninstaller is completely free - no charge, no adware, no spyware;
· You can uninstall your application easily and correctly;
· You can view all details of a certain application installed on your computer;
· You can use an innovative "Hunter mode" to uninstall, kill and delete applications;
· You can use a "Drag and Drop" mode to uninstall, kill and delete applications;
· You can view and manage applications loaded when Windows startup;
· You can clean any junk, temporary and unnecessary files from your drives;
· You can have fast access to the most useful Windows build-in tools;
· You can erase all your history in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Netscape browsers;
· You can erase recent document history in Microsoft Office products since version 2000;
· You can erase most important traces you had left while you had been working with Windows;
· You can permanently delete all your already deleted files so they become unrecoverable by any software;
· You can securely delete any existing file or folder so it become unrecoverable by any software
· Pentium - compatible CPU133 MHz or
· higher64 megabytes (MB) of RAM
· 10 MB of free Hard Disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed minor bugs
· Updated language files