November 24th, 2012
· Better malware detection & faster scanning
· Improved compatibility when using other antivirus software (On-Demand Compatibility Mode)
· New Simplified Chinese language added
· Improved installation process
· Minor cosmetic & compatibility fixes
September 29th, 2012
· Bug fixes
· Better multi-language support
· Improved browsing protection
· Simplified installation process
· Revamped activation flow
· Faster automatic definition updates
· Updated notification screens
May 9th, 2012
· Cached Scanning automatically skips the scanning of files that it determined safe in earlier scans, resulting in much faster scans. With the new scanning capabilities, a quick scan drops from four minutes to less than ten seconds on subsequent scans, and drops from two hours to between six and ten minutes on full scans
· Firewall technology automatically white-lists trusted programs, enabling users to upgrade to Ad-Aware without networking issues with programs already installed
· Real-Time Protection increases the reliability of the drivers and includes enhanced 64-bit support
· Web-Browsing Protection engine now updates several times a day
May 9th, 2012We’ve redesigned our UI with a much needed overhaul. Key changes include:
· Fire-and-forget default settings with all of the right options set for our users (techies still can customize to their heart’s content but confusing options are buried one level deep so as not to confuse beginners).
· A very light, web-based UI that is fast and fluid.
· Controls commonly used in new smartphone apps that make it easy to navigate.
· A true multi-threaded app that lets you navigate easily.
We’ve included some features in our Free version that, until now, were reserved in our paid version:
· Real-time download protection which blocks files before being written to disk.
· Advanced heuristics, rootkit protection.
· A gaming/silent mode.
· Full sandboxing.
· Removed all nag screens pushing users to upgrade.
· There are now no differences in the malware blocking (and removal) features of our free product (compared to our or our peers’ Pro products.
We’re starting a rapid development cycle program that will keep Ad-Aware fresh with new updates and features constantly without waiting for that once-a-year major upgrade:
· Dropping the version number (except for reviewers and techies).
· Going on a 8, 4, 6 week development schedule.
· Bringing new features, improvements constantly.
· Silent updates (user will get a little screen describing fixes and features and give them the option to download).
We are releasing two new premium versions as well:
· Ad-Aware Personal Security – will retail for 12$/year. Adds advanced web filtering (both reputation and anti-malware) to provide a suite that is well-positioned against our peers’ full antivirus products retailing for 3X the price.
· Ad-Aware Pro Security – will retail for 36$/year. Adds email, network, USB protection plus a powerful two-way firewall. It competes well against our peers’ Total suites (without parental controls or spam filters) at nearly half the price.
We’ve reviewed our installation process as well:
· We’re automatically starting the definition file updates so that when the program is installed – everything is ready to go.
· We are proposing the installation of our security/search toolbar in a way that is consistent with our values (no pre-checked boxes).
December 7th, 2010
· With this new version of Ad-Aware, we have focused on our core consumer needs, by providing advanced threat protection for Free and Pro – including anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware - with new, innovative detection technologies for maximum protection against emerging cyber threats, as well as those threats that have not yet been created.
January 20th, 2009
· Integrated Ad-Watch Live! Expert – No more loading Ad-Watch as a separate tool! Immediately detect malware applications with expert real-time protection, including behavior-based heuristics scanning.
· Real-time registry protection – Detect and block access to attempted registry changes, a favorite malware target.
· Real-time process protection – Suspend suspicious files and block malicious processes to prevent them from further integration into your system.
· Real-time network protection - Monitor outgoing network traffic and block connections to blacklisted IP addresses and known malicious websites to identify and stop active threats.
· Behavior-based Heuristical Detection – Boost your protection with heuristical detection to find and block unknown and emerging threats.
· Extensive Detection Database – Detection of over 2 million known threats, with continuous pulse updates to guard your privacy against new cyber attacks.
· Radically Improved Resource Efficiency – Tread lightly on your system’s resources with dramatic improvements to the memory usage.
· Customizable Profile Scans - Easily create and save personalized scan profiles so Ad-Aware only scans areas that you select.
· Lavasoft SmartSet - Scanning and cleaning is effortless with automatically configured settings for scans and recommended actions for found infections.
· Lavasoft AutoStart Manager - Keep your computer running quickly with easy control over what programs start when your computer does.
· Detect, Remove AND Clean – Beyond simply detecting and removing malware, Ad-Aware intelligently cleans your system by removing all traces of the infection.
· Pin-Point Scanning - Easily assess suspicious files - right-click any file or folder to scan with Ad-Aware or to submit to ThreatWork for analysis.
· Easy to Download, Install and Use - Effortlessly maneuver the complexities of malware detection and removal with our new, polished, user-friendly interface.