New in version 3.4.6
September 6th, 2014
- Fixed a compatibility issue with Virtual CloneDrive.
- Fixed freezing on shutdown when using HDD emulation with an image.
New in version 3.4.5 (February 4th, 2014)
- Fixed an issue with NTFS formatting with a volume label
- Fixed an issue with NTFS formatting with the HDD emulation
- Added an option to select a NUMA node on Windows 8 and higher
New in version 3.4.4 (January 15th, 2014)
- Fixed /force command that did not work if the RAM disk GUI was running.
- Fixed maxing out CPU on image-based RAM disks with periodic data saving.
New in version 3.4.3 (November 15th, 2013)
- Fixed Task Manager crashes on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
- Fixed an obscure startup crash in Samsung Magician.
New in version 3.4.2 (October 4th, 2013)
- Fixed an issue when creating more than one disk on Windows 7 and above.
- Improved Windows 8.1 compatibility and better dynamic disks support.
New in version 3.4.1 (October 2nd, 2013)
- Fixed not mounting a boot-time volume with an image file attached
- Fixed a few stability issues and slightly improved the I/O performance
New in version 3.4 (September 2nd, 2013)
- Added complete hard-disk emulation (for volume snapshots, shadow copy, etc).
- Improved support for large in-memory volumes on 32-bit systems.
- Added on-demand saving to image files and the /save command line switch.
- Numerous improvements and bug fixes, including Windows 8.1 support.
New in version 3.3.3 (November 21st, 2012)
- Fixed periodic saving to newly created boot-time image based disks.
- Added flushing disk cache after writing to disk images for more reliability.
New in version 3.3.2 (October 12th, 2012)
- Fixed creating and mounting large image files.
- Fixed corruption of large files on NTFS based RAM disks.
New in version 3.3.1 (October 6th, 2012)
- Major optimisation with performance gains 20% to 900% in various tests.
- Added Greek language and others updated.
- EULA changed for commercial organisations.
New in version 3.3.0 (October 4th, 2012)
- This software is FREEWARE as of this release.
- Added multilingual support and several built-in languages.
- Added differential writing of disk images (only changed blocks are saved).
- Added Windows 8 support.
New in version 3.2.2 (January 10th, 2012)
- Application has been made fully 64-bit when installed on 64-bit systems.
- Fixed occasional GUI startup crash when boot-time volumes were in use.
New in version 3.2.1 (July 25th, 2011)
- Mounted image files can now also be ejected from Windows Explorer.
- Fixed a bug that could randomly cause the system to freeze.
New in version 3.2 (May 31st, 2011)
- Added automatically created folders on a boot-time RAM disk.
- Added periodic saving RAM disk contents to an image file for a logon-time RAM disk.
- Fixed editing RAM disks with an associated image file (resulted in a file locked message).
New in version 3.1 (May 16th, 2011)
- Fixed incompatibility with Rollback RX and a few other issues.
- Added command line options support and environment variables support for automatically launched applications.
- Added waiting until a launched application fully starts before launching another to prevent system slowdown.
- Added showing the actual file system instead of RAW and real disk size for image-based disks.
- Added command line switches support to create and manipulate RAM disks via a command line interface.
New in version 3.0.2 (May 16th, 2011)
- Added compressed NTFS volumes support to save RAM disk space.
- Added creation of preformatted image files.
- Fixed formatting newly created image files that could cause Windows Vista / Seven to hang during formatting.
- Various minor improvements and tweaks.
New in version 3.0.1 (May 16th, 2011)
- Improved multiuser environment support (correct handling of multiple logons where disk with the same name is already mounted).
- Added configurable volume label accessible via advanced disk properties.
- Newly created disks now have indexing attribute turned off by default.
New in version 3.0 (May 16th, 2011)
- Added mount/unmount all disks command and an expanded popup menu in the system tray providing quick access to major features.
- Added boot-time disk support (RAM disks mounted before user logon) making the software usable for servers and server applications. It is also now possible to place the pagefile on such a disk.
- Numerous optimisations throughout the product. Subject to the host OS, projected performance gains compared to the previous version are about 10% for sequential I/O, 30-50% for large block I/O and 400-600% for small block I/O.
- Fixed inability to change disk properties if its new size added with the current size exceeded available RAM.
- Fixed editing TMP/TEMP variables as they became non-expandable after editing, which caused issues with values like %USERPROFILE%.
New in version 2.0.1 (January 19th, 2010)
- Allows to create disks of up 95% of the available RAM.
- Added editing RAM disks (changing properties).
- Added on-demand on-line checking for updates.
- Made other minor tweaks.
New in version 2.0.0 (January 15th, 2010)
- Fixed inability to create volumes over 2 GB.
- Added 64-bit systems support.
- Added Mount/Unmount commands.
- Added several new global options.
- Added user manual.
- Several tweaks and fixes throughout the product.
- Distribution terms changed to 30-day trial.
New in version 1.0.1 Beta (November 20th, 2009)
- Added ram-disk import/export feature.
- Added Windows TEMP/TMP environment variable editor.