New in version 11.0 Build 299
January 13th, 2015
- Added support for SpectraLayers 3.0.
- Added support for creating multiple, overlapping markers and regions using shortcut keys.
- Added support for copying marker and region names when using Tools > Extract Regions. In order to copy marker and region names, Options > Lock to Selection > Enable and Options > Lock to Selection > Markers/Regions must be selected.
- Fixed a translation error that could cause Broadcast Wave metadata to crash the Japanese version of Sound Forge Pro.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Sound Forge to incorrectly prduce an error message when compiling some scripts in the Script Editor window.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent markers and regions from updating correctly when Options > Lock to Selection > Markers/Regions and Options > Event > Auto Ripple were enabled.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a customized keyboard shortcut for the Resample or iZotope 64-Bit SRC process to be assigned to both processes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause events to ripple incorrectly after a delete action.
- A bug in Sound Forge 11 build 293 and earlier prevents the application from opening projects created in releases with a higher build number. Installing the latest update will allow you to open your projects normally.
New in version 11.0 Build 293 (August 7th, 2014)
- Ripple editing now ripples all events after the ripple point when no channels are selected.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Edit > Treat as Cutlist command to be unavailable.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Playlist names to be corrupted after undoing a change in the Regions List.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Playlist names to be corrupted after dragging a region from the Regions List to the Playlist.
- Fixed a bug that could cause regions in the Regions List to be deleted when pressing Delete to edit a region value.
- Fixed a bug that could cause duplicate markers or regions to be discarded when saving files.
- Fixed a bug that could cause multiple regions that use the same start time and name to be sorted incorrectly in the Regions List.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when clicking the Play buttons in the Regions List window.
- Fixed a bug that could cause warnings to be displayed inconsistently when deleting regions that are in use by a Playlist/Cutlist.
- Fixed a bug that could clear Playlist, Track List, and Region List selections when right-clicking to display the shortcut menu.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from adding a selected region to the Playlist/Cutlist unless the Regions List window was visible.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Track and Index items in the Track List window to appear to be editable. Both items are now correctly displayed as read only. CD indexes are automatically numbered to match the index markers in the data window, and you can rearrange tracks by dragging the rows in the Track List window.
- If a file contains multiple CDif chunks, Sound Forge Pro now removes redundant chunks when saving.
New in version 11.0 Build 278 (August 7th, 2014)
- Fixed a bug that could cause Sound Forge to prompt you to register after having registered successfully.
New in version 11.0 Build 272 (October 31st, 2013)
- Added an Update BWF Loudness Metadata button to the Statistics dialog to allow you to write calculated loudness values to Broadcast Wave Format metadata.
- Added an Event Editing toolbar (use View > Toolbars to show or hide toolbars).
- Added Japanese-language support.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when right-clicking items in the Broadcast Wave or Summary Information metadata windows.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash on Windows 8 when pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete while opening a large number of files.
- Fixed a bug that allowed markers and regions to be dragged beyond the end of the data window when Options > Event > Auto Ripple was selected.
- Fixed a bug that could cause events to be moved incorrectly when using drag-and-drop editing.
- Fixed a bug that could cause event edges to move past the beginning of a data window when Options > Event > Auto Ripple was selected.
- Fixed a bug that could cause BWF metadata to be saved even when the Save metadata with file check box was cleared.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent Undo from restoring markers and audio CD tracks after undoing a ripple edit.
- Fixed a bug that could cause CD tracks to shift when adding an event with a mismatching sample rate.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Broadcast Wave metadata window to draw incorrectly when scrolling.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a low-memory error when processing files with high sample rates on 32-bit versions of Windows.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Edit > Paste Special > Paste to New command to be unavailable in event-editing mode.
- Fixed various issues when using the Dolby Media Meter plug-in with the Plug-In Chain.
- Fixed various issues when using the Dolby Media Emulator plug-in with the Plug-In Chain.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from dragging events between channels when Options > Event > Auto Ripple was enabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused Product (IPRD) summary metadata to be handled incorrectly.
New in version 11.0 Build 234 (July 22nd, 2013)
- Improved recording workflow, including a new Record Options window and input monitoring through the Plug-In Chain.
- Added a Loudness Meters tool and loudness logging.
- The Statistics dialog now includes loudness data.
- Added Use True Peaks and Enable DC Blocking Filter controls to the Detect Clipping dialog for measuring loudness.
- Improved support for metadata in Broadcast Wave Format files.
- Added support for editing files in SpectraLayers Pro 2.0.
- Improved Plug-In Chain window now allows floating plug-in windows.
- Improved selection dragging: you no longer need to drag up before dragging a selection.
- Fade in and fade out curves now default to a linear curve in the processing and Mix dialogs.
- Added Remember last-used Save As folder to the General tab in the Preferences dialog.
- Added plain text file option for saving and opening a file’s regions list and playlist/cutlist.
- You can now rearrange maximized data window tabs by dragging the tabs to a new location.
- Added automatic resampling during playback for unsupported sample rates when you're using an ASIO audio device.
- Added support for splitting events at region boundaries.
- Added support for moving markers, regions, and envelope points with events. The Options > Paste Markers/Regions command is now Options > Lock to Selection > Markers/Regions and Options > Lock to Selection > Envelope Points.
- Added support for ripple editing in event-editing mode. Choose Options > Event > Auto Ripple to toggle automatic ripple editing for downstream events.
- Improved audio playback and recording device routing in the Preferences > Audio tab.
New in version 10.0e Build 507 (January 16th, 2013)
- Added support for Windows 8
New in version 10.0d Build 506 (October 27th, 2012)
- Updated Noise Reduction, Acoustic Mirror, Wave Hammer, and élastique Timestretch for 64-bit compatibility when used with Vegas Pro 12.0.
New in version 10.0c Build 491 (November 25th, 2010)
- Fixed a bug that could cause the spectrum graph to be displayed incorrectly in the Spectrum Analysis window.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when an in-use file was modified outside of Sound Forge 10.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when dragging a selection to the workspace to create a new file.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a sample via SDMI.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Sound Forge to hang or crash when using the Batch Converter script on a large number of files.
- Fixed a bug that could delay plug-in parameters from being updated in real time during looped playback.
- Fixed a bug that caused a Find operation to change the active editing tool.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from editing the Selection Start, Selection End, and Selection Length boxes on a data window when using SMPTE Drop time.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the SMPTE: Play at Time trigger in the Playlist from working.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent Sound Forge from removing temporary files, incorrectly displaying the Crash Recovery dialog the next time you start the application.
New in version 10.0b (June 9th, 2010)
- When applying effects to a selection that includes the beginning or end of a file, automatic crossfades are no longer applied to the beginning or end of the file.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash that could occur when rendering to AVI format using templates copied from Vegas 8.
- Fixed an issue that caused the OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394/DV external monitor device to be unavailable in the Japanese version of Sound Forge.
- Fixed a bug that prevented audio from being rendered when using Windows Media Video templates after clearing and reselecting the Include audio check box.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sound Forge from reading command markers saved in Windows Media files created with earlier versions of Sound Forge.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some VST plug-ins (such as EnergyXT and Delphi VST Project) from being used in Sound Forge.
- Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect previews when mixing a mono source to a multichannel destination.
- Fixed a bug that could occur when attempting to save .wav files in CCITT-ulaw format.
- Fixed a bug that caused real-time preview to stop after 10 seconds when using time-altering plug-ins.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Paragraphic EQ plug-in to produce distorted audio when using the Remove very low and inaudible frequencies below 20 Hz preset.
- Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect previews when applying effects to events with individual channels selected.