January 16th, 2013
· Added support for Windows 8
October 27th, 2012
· Updated Noise Reduction, Acoustic Mirror, Wave Hammer, and élastique Timestretch for 64-bit compatibility when used with Vegas Pro 12.0.
November 25th, 2010
· Fixed a bug that could cause the spectrum graph to be displayed incorrectly in the Spectrum Analysis window.
· Fixed a crash that could occur when an in-use file was modified outside of Sound Forge 10.
· Fixed a crash that could occur when dragging a selection to the workspace to create a new file.
· Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a sample via SDMI.
· Fixed a bug that could cause Sound Forge to hang or crash when using the Batch Converter script on a large number of files.
· Fixed a bug that could delay plug-in parameters from being updated in real time during looped playback.
· Fixed a bug that caused a Find operation to change the active editing tool.
· Fixed a bug that prevented you from editing the Selection Start, Selection End, and Selection Length boxes on a data window when using SMPTE Drop time.
· Fixed a bug that prevented the SMPTE: Play at Time trigger in the Playlist from working.
· Fixed a bug that could prevent Sound Forge from removing temporary files, incorrectly displaying the Crash Recovery dialog the next time you start the application.
June 9th, 2010
· When applying effects to a selection that includes the beginning or end of a file, automatic crossfades are no longer applied to the beginning or end of the file.
· Fixed a bug that could cause a crash that could occur when rendering to AVI format using templates copied from Vegas 8.
· Fixed an issue that caused the OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394/DV external monitor device to be unavailable in the Japanese version of Sound Forge.
· Fixed a bug that prevented audio from being rendered when using Windows Media Video templates after clearing and reselecting the Include audio check box.
· Fixed a bug that prevented Sound Forge from reading command markers saved in Windows Media files created with earlier versions of Sound Forge.
· Fixed a bug that prevented some VST plug-ins (such as EnergyXT and Delphi VST Project) from being used in Sound Forge.
· Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect previews when mixing a mono source to a multichannel destination.
· Fixed a bug that could occur when attempting to save .wav files in CCITT-ulaw format.
· Fixed a bug that caused real-time preview to stop after 10 seconds when using time-altering plug-ins.
· Fixed a bug that could cause the Paragraphic EQ plug-in to produce distorted audio when using the Remove very low and inaudible frequencies below 20 Hz preset.
· Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect previews when applying effects to events with individual channels selected.
June 9th, 2010
· You can now edit samples in musical instrument files. Select the sample you want to edit, and then choose Edit > Event > Edit to open the selected sample in a new data window. After editing, you can save your changes back to the musical instrument file or to a different format.
Disc-at-once workflow improvements:
· Audio moves with CD tracks when dragging CD tracks with the Edit tool.
· CD tracks move with events when dragging events with the Event tool.
· CD Tracks can now be locked to audio/events using Options > Lock Audio and CD Tracks.
· Added automation support to the élastique Timestretch plug-in.
· You can now edit the Original Tempo setting in the élastique Timestretch plug-in.
· Scrollbars have been added to the Plug-In Chainer.
· When you have data windows maximized, the window title is now italicized during playback to indicate which window is playing.
· Improved AAC file support.
· Fixed a bug that prevented Sound Forge Pro from opening or saving MPEG-4 audio when QuickTime 7.6.4 is installed.
· Fixed a bug that could cause corruption in Broadcast Wave Format metadata.
· Fixed a bug that prevented the waveform from being displayed properly within a smooth fade-in curve when zoomed out.
· Fixed a bug that could cause the élastique Timestretch plug-in to crash on 32-bit PCs that do not support SSE2.
· Fixed a bug that could cause markers to shift after using the iZotope 64-bit SRC plug-in.
· Fixed a bug that prevented read-only project files (*.frg) from opening properly.
· Fixed a bug that could cause Save to truncate tailing silence in certain scenarios.
· Fixed a bug that prevented Mix/Replace from displaying the entire mixed result.
· Fixed a bug that could cause short clicks at the end of certain preview operations.
June 9th, 2010
· Event-based editing.
· Disc-at-once CD burning.
· Enhanced timestretch and pitch shifting with the élastique Timestretch plug-in.
· Support for processing musical instrument files (.dls, .sf2, .gig).
· The Global media cache setting on the Editing tab of the Preferences dialog allows you to reserve RAM for media recently read from or written to disk.
· Metadata windows.
· Floating window docks.
· Enhanced Broadcast Wave Format (.bwf) support.
· Enhanced window layout management — save, recall, and share custom window layouts.
· Tabbed browsing for maximized data windows.
· iZotope MBIT+ Dither bit-depth conversion and 64-Bit SRC sample rate conversion.
· Resonant Filter plug-in.
· Custom selection grid lines.
· You can now set default fade types for effects on the Editing tab in the Preferences dialog.