RSSOwl is a RSS / RDF / Atom Newsreader written in Java using SWT as graphic library.
RSS ("Really Simple Syndication" or "Rich Site Summary") is a document specification that gives users the power to collect and organize Web-based news and information in a more efficient manner. Applications that collect data from RSS-compliant sites are called RSS readers or "aggregators".
RSSOwl is a simple to use application that allows you to gather, sort and keep track of information from various websites.
Why "Owl"? The owl is a traditional symbol of wisdom, and a quiet, efficient hunter. You'll find RSSOwl's "big eyes" a big help when scanning the Web's vast array of RSS resources.
Here are some key features of "RSSOwl":
· High performance and native Look and Feel that uses the operation-system GUI theme;
· Generate PDF/RTF/HTML documents from any news o Use drag and drop to manage your favorites in unlimited nested categories
· Loaded newsfeeds are automatically stored in an archive to read them while being offline;
· Powerfull, integrated Newsfeed searchengine;
· Perform a fulltext-search with result-syntaxhighlight;
· AmphetaRate integration to rate news and receive recommendations.
· Java VM 1.4+
· Internet connection
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This new version provides an easy way to unsubscribe from Google Reader as Google decided to stop this service end of June.
· In addition, you can now export a feed as CSV file and among some bugfixes, some new share providers where added.