Simple DNS Plus is a simple yet very strong DNS server application. Thanks to DNS servers we surf the Internet using names such as "www.softpedia.com" instead of impossible to remember IP addresses.
DNS servers translate these domain names into machine readable IP-addresses needed to locate the requested web-server on the Internet.
With Simple DNS Plus you can hosts your own domain name, or simply speed up Internet access by running your own DNS server.
Simple DNS Plus can easily be integrated with your web-site for ISP customer signup etc., or even a full web-based DNS solution.
Simple DNS Plus is also a DHCP server, it comes with a DNS Look Up tool, and many other features.
Here are some key features of "Simple DNS Plus":
· Host your own domain names on your own Internet DNS Server
· Speed up Internet access with DNS caching
· Bypass your ISP's DNS servers
· Name the computers on your LAN and forget IP addresses and hosts files
· Direct support for dynamic IP clients
· Integrated DHCP server auto configures network computers and DNS
· DNS record and zone comment fields
· Quick Domain Wizard
· Bulk Update Wizard
· Copy zone function
· Import Wizard
· Reverse Zone Wizard
· Automatic creation of reverse DNS records
· Serve DNS records directly from your existing "hosts" file.
· Easy to integrate with other applications
· HTTP administration / programming interface
· DNS Look Up tool - including WHOIS
· See what's going on behind the scenes - live
· Detailed log files
· Domain usage statistics
· Cache snapshot viewer
· Animated Tray Bar Icon.
· Automate secondary DNS servers
· NAT IP alias conversion
· Round Robin load distribution option
· Incremental Zone Transfers
· Option to redirect abusers (synthesize DNS records for unauthorized users)
· Supports wildcard records ( *.domain-name ) for ALL record types.
· Alias zones (zone file sharing)
· NXDOMAIN Redirect
· Domain specific DNS forwarding
· Extended DNS forwarding
· Automatic SPF records - help fight spam and phishing scams
· Standard "Master File" format
· MS Active Directory compatibility
· Automatic detection of "lame delegation"
· DNS Spoofing security option
· Stealth DNS" security option
· Restrict Recursion by client IP address
· IP address blocking
· Standard DNS record types supported
· RFCs supported
· NET Framework 2.0 and 3.5 SP 1
· Processor (CPU): 400 MHz or better.
· Memory (RAM): 64 MB + Windows and .NET Framework requirements.
· Hard disk space: 10 MB + Windows and .NET Framework requirements.
· Network: Any type of TCP/IP (IPv4 or IPv6) connection.
· 14 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Update: New option to input TXT-record data as either "One continous string" or "Individual strings". This makes it easier to enter long (+255 characters) strings - for example for DomainKeys.
· Update: DHCP server plug-in - Reservations list - added "Options" and "Supply host name" columns, made columns sortable (click header), and made window resizable.
· Update: Options dialog / General section: changed text "Domain name of this DNS server" to "Host name of this DNS server (FQDN)"
· Fixed: When serving records from a local DNSSEC signed zone where the answer begins with a CNAME-record, signature records (RRSIG) were not included for all but the initial CNAME-record.
· Fixed: DNS Records window - Reverse zone - "Edit IP-to-Name Mappings" button also shown with IPv6 reverse zones. The button was not working and was not supposed to be there in this version. Button removed for now. May add this function for IPv6 in future version.